Best all around, do-all fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

callagher

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been thinking about mixin' up some do-all go-go juice.

Gonna switch to the Mobil full synthetic that I've read very good things about. Mobil 1 racing 2T. Planning on mixing it at 32:1 and running it in all my equipment. One mix, no fuss no muss.

I've read about dropping in some Marvel Mystery Oil, Octane booster, and other things. Avoiding alcohol...for the fuel, that is, not me.

What's your favorite jungle juice? Secret recipe?:hmm3grin2orange:

My dad has run 100:1 Amsoil in his Homelites for years. I personally won't run it in my Stihls. When I bought my last Stihl, I talked to their Gold Certified Mechanic and he said 50:1. He stated that 40:1 or richer will cake around the piston skirt. 60:1 or leaner not enough lube. So I use 50:1 Ultra(synthetic). I figure a few cents more for a bit better protection is well worth it.

I use Klots R50 at 40:1 I haven't had any probs yet. 50:1 just seems like not enough oil to me. I know thats wha tthe manufactures recomend but that's just my preference.

I run Sunoco 93 octane (which contains up to 10% ethanol) mixed with Husky's XP oil at 50:1 in all my two cycle's.

I've been using Opti 2 multi-ratio mix for about 6 years now. I think the recommended mix is around 1.3 oz. per gallon, but I always use a little extra just to make sure. It burns really clean, has a built in stabilizer, is smokeless in all my 2 strokes and has less smell too. I use it in ALL my OPE, from a 15 year old brushcutter with a recommended ratio of 16:1 to my newest addition, a Husky 455 Rancher. It always performs well and has never let me down. Later!

I run Sunoco 93 octane (which contains up to 10% ethanol) mixed with Husky's XP oil at 50:1 in all my two cycle's.
I know it depends on the state, but does it say on the pump that it contains up to 10% ethanol?

I've been using Opti 2 multi-ratio mix for about 6 years now. It burns really clean, has a built in stabilizer...
I like the idea of a stabilizer right in with the 2-cycle oil, but it just doesn't sit right with me that they say one mix ratio will work for all 2-cycle engines.

I like running Castrol 927 Maxima at 32:1. I have run it in boats, bikes, saws with no fuel problems.:deadhorse:

Guess some of you are tired of hearing about the Aspen Alky fuel, premixed with synth oil (50:1) - but that is it.

Can be stored for years.

Works fine with older saws, speced for more oil also.

Last edited:
ya know, the debate over ratio 40:1----50:1---100:1 is kinda funny!!
read the label!!! its the concentrated amount in the mix itself(the ratio doesnt matter) & whoever the gold certified mechanic who said what you mentioned is a lil misinformed!!!

I run amsoil only(no problems) & I have mostly stihl chainsaws, my father actually went to the institute of synthetic reproduced lubricants(bizness venture for his repair shop) GUESS what? there are a hand full of companies(I believe 4) that make all the 2 stroke mix, but throw a different label on it for each MFG. to debunk the ratio BS,the larger the # the less needed to be mixed. ex: twice the amount of 50:1 to do the same as 100:1 its just more concentrated!!!! dont be fooled by the label!! funny echo power blend & MTD & stihl & husky & promix,etc...... all come from the same place!!! check it out!

LXT..........

ya know, the debate over ratio 40:1----50:1---100:1 is kinda funny!!
read the label!!! its the concentrated amount in the mix itself(the ratio doesnt matter) & whoever the gold certified mechanic who said what you mentioned is a lil misinformed!!!

I run amsoil only(no problems) & I have mostly stihl chainsaws, my father actually went to the institute of synthetic reproduced lubricants(bizness venture for his repair shop) GUESS what? there are a hand full of companies(I believe 4) that make all the 2 stroke mix, but throw a different label on it for each MFG. to debunk the ratio BS,the larger the # the less needed to be mixed. ex: twice the amount of 50:1 to do the same as 100:1 its just more concentrated!!!! dont be fooled by the label!! funny echo power blend & MTD & stihl & husky & promix,etc...... all come from the same place!!! check it out!

LXT..........

yup, same with antifreeze (there are over a dozen brands, only 4 plants that I know of in the US) and brand name canned foods. the foods the same, the cans the same, just run a few hundred labels for del monte, then finish off the batch with store brand labels.
watched a gig on royal purple oils. the synthetic stock is delivered by tanker truck, a few additives are mixed in and presto! spend $10 per quart of oil thats the same thing as the $5/qt on the shelf right next to it.
-Ralph

Thanks, I really do like Amsoil. I even contacted them and they said 100:1 but didn't explain why. I have too much invested in equipment to just take their word on it. The Gold Certified mechanic is with Stihl so obviously he said 50:1 Stihl oil. I'll be looking more closely into the matter.

...that also may explain they say you can run 50:1 in the older equipment rated for 32:1... Quality & concentration rather than ratio!

...that also may explain they say you can run 50:1 in the older equipment rated for 32:1... Quality & concentration rather than ratio!

Yup, the ratio ratings for older saws was based on lower quality oil than what is availiable today............:)

Now that we have that settled what kind of food to feed the cat and dog that won't harm them? And what is the ratio of the mix? I go about 1/4 cup milk to 1 cup of dog chow or 1:4 in chainsaw language.

Latest posts

Back