Filter dirty Husqvarna, What to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ispansco

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hello to all,

My air filter are soiled after few cuts.I will put photos so that you same see it and judge. The photos are of the 372xp filter but to the 346xp it happens the same thing, (perhaps a little less) and I speak of the filters of felt.

Today after putting a new chain Stihl RMC in my husky 372xp(Far better that the chain H-42 of husqvarna,Oregon 73LP and for 346xp infinitely better that the H-30)and cutting during one hour, average hour and I disassemble the filter to see it and this it is the result.

Also I put some photo of the trunks that I am cutting, and I have even made two stopper easy to put in order to avoid that dirt by the holes entered to adjust the carburetor, (without success as it is seen).
I do not now if I need to buy the HD filter for my 372xp. What do you think?
Is really so important this dirt?.

filtro.jpg

filtro1.jpg

filtro2.jpg

tronco1.jpg

tronco2.jpg

huskytapones.jpg

Much to cut yet
troncos.jpg

:greenchainsaw:

No dirt should be able to get inside the filter. Are you sure they are being put on properly and sealing properly?

don't know what to tell you on the filter. Never had any problems with the regular or HD filter...

Now, is your carb non adjustable? I've never seen those plugs/caps over the carb screw holes before

No dirt should be able to get inside the filter. Are you sure they are being put on properly and sealing properly?

The filter is new and well is placed, is very easy, single to introduce it and to close.It is difficult not to put it well. :cheers:
filtro3.jpg

Make sure the two halves of the filter are sealed tight on mine i snapped it apart and put a light coat of grease in betwwen them . I have had that problem before. I have also put a very light coat of grease on the base of the filter where it joins the carb . I keep my chains very sharp but have noticed the same problem you are having in the past cutting very dry wood.

By the looks of your pics you are cutting some really dry wood and a better look at you filter it looked as mine did . the two halves of the filter were not properly seated hope this helps.

Now, is your carb non adjustable? I've never seen those plugs/caps over the carb screw holes before

The carburetor is adjustable,it had limitors but I removed them, I do not like that they limit the adjustments to me. the corks are made by my, Perhaps it is a triviality but they are not bad either.
carburador.jpg

huskytapones2.jpg

huskytapones1.jpg

:greenchainsaw:

Hello. It appears to me that part of the problem is the wood you are cutting. It appears that a good portion of it is rotten. It will not produce chips when cutting through the bad sections but instead produce a fine dust-like particles. These particles will get by the air filtration system much more readily than the wood chips that are normally produced by cutting. The fine particles will clog a filter much quicker. When the filter is clogged the saw will suck air into the carburetor any way that can possibly get into it. I would pop the filter apart and set the lower portion of it on the intake and make sure that it is a snug fit. If the fit is loose then I would want to know if it was the air filter or the intake that is the culprit. You may need to carry several spare filters with you to change out and clean them in an ultra-sonic cleaner along with a suitable solvent. You may indeed be a good candidate for the heavy duty air filter and the the high top filter cover.

OMG a air injucted Husky with dust in the filter

WOW I did not think it was possible for a FLAGSHIP saw to eat some sawdust through the air filter say its not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott

Thanks

By the looks of your pics you are cutting some really dry wood and a better look at you filter it looked as mine did . the two halves of the filter were not properly seated hope this helps.

Hello. It appears to me that part of the problem is the wood you are cutting. It appears that a good portion of it is rotten. It will not produce chips when cutting through the bad sections but instead produce a fine dust-like particles. These particles will get by the air filtration system much more readily than the wood chips that are normally produced by cutting. The fine particles will clog a filter much quicker. When the filter is clogged the saw will suck air into the carburetor any way that can possibly get into it. I would pop the filter apart and set the lower portion of it on the intake and make sure that it is a snug fit. If the fit is loose then I would want to know if it was the air filter or the intake that is the culprit. You may need to carry several spare filters with you to change out and clean them in an ultra-sonic cleaner along with a suitable solvent. You may indeed be a good candidate for the heavy duty air filter and the the high top filter cover.

Thank you very much by its answer, I believe that there is no problem with the filter, are new and fit, the problem well it is that the trunks are very dry and rotten and much dust when cutting them takes place. As Urbicide says, I will have to put HD to filter to solve the problem. If I cut to less dry and clean trunks the filter this like new. I hope that with filter HD it is solved, because aesthetically I do not like.

Greetings.:greenchainsaw:

WOW I did not think it was possible for a FLAGSHIP saw to eat some sawdust through the air filter say its not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scott

:dizzy: I would like to see another mark (Stihl or Dolmar for example :hmm3grin2orange: ) cutting trunks such. In order to see its filter. :sword:

:givebeer:

Last edited:
:dizzy: I would like to see another mark (Stihl or Dolmar for example :hmm3grin2orange: ) cutting trunks such. In order to see its filter. :sword:

:givebeer:

:jawdrop: That wood sure looks like a HD filter would be in order - some other brands filters would sure have looked much worse.......:givebeer: :givebeer:

Latest posts

Back