Forester bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally think the sprocket nose foresters are pretty decent bars. The new ones with the 5 rivet black tip along with the red lettering are a lot more visually appealing also.

oregon

Are Forester bars any good? Iam looking at one for my 372 xpw.

They are oregon powermatch's with forester's name on them. And yes they are good, but powermatches might be cheaper.:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

change

I personally think the sprocket nose foresters are pretty decent bars. The new ones with the 5 rivet black tip along with the red lettering are a lot more visually appealing also.

Did they change them? I don't remember them having a black tip.:greenchainsaw:

All the new stock forester bars are china knockoffs of of the Power Match, Speed Tip, Prolite, etc.

There's some old stock Forester Bars that are GB Protop & Oregon Prolite Bars relabled as Forester.

I'm not a fan of China Steel when I see China Bolts & Bearings break everyday.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Steve

Last edited:
Yeah they changed within the last month. Here is a pic of what the new ones look like.

Last edited:
The Power Match copies came out last spring & the Speed Tips are new this winter. Forester is begging me to convert over to their China bars but I wont take them. Even though they have been holding up decent I avoid chinese products if I can.

Steve

new

Yeah they changed within the last month. Here is a pic of what the new ones look like.

That's a new one, it's a re-branded windsor. HA HA, what'll be next?!?!...LOL:greenchainsaw: :cheers:

The Power Match copies came out last spring & the Speed Tips are new this winter. Forester is begging me to convert over to their China bars but I wont take them. Even though they have been holding up decent I avoid chinese products if I can.

Steve
A buddy of mine who owns a saw shop was dead set against them, but they offered to send him a couple to try for free. After he realized that they were of decent quality and the profit margin was higher he decided to stock them. He has sold tons of these to loggers with good reviews. However I completely understand where your comming from.

Back