Blue Book of chain saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is there any thing like a Blue Book for chain saws? I have been seeing some saws listed on Craig's List with prices and was wondering what was a good deal. All considering, what would a "decent" 028 and 039 be worth? I know that there is a lot of assumption here, but just looking for "averages".

Ebay is the ultimate blue book for almost anything. Do an advanced search there, and check closed listings. Should get you in the ballpark.

Is there any thing like a Blue Book for chain saws? I have been seeing some saws listed on Craig's List with prices and was wondering what was a good deal. All considering, what would a "decent" 028 and 039 be worth? I know that there is a lot of assumption here, but just looking for "averages".

LOL - nothing, unless on Ebay!

I watch all new listings on eBay every day and lately 028`s go between 2-3 hundred and 039 go for 3-4 hundred in good running shape . Pioneerguy600

For just info on saws to compare stats, check out Chainsaw collectors corner, on Acres internet, theres a link in the "links" thread. No prices given though. I wish I could get whats on his site loaded on a CDrom. Best bet on price is just what they are selling for on a regular basis.

attachment.php

LOL - way too much, for both.......:censored:

Yes way too much if you are a buyer but on the other hand really great for the sellers. The 028 is a great old workhorse if you can pick them up for just over a hundred they will pay you back many times over. The 039 is not worth much in my opinion but some will swear by them. Pioneerguy600

Just posted on Craig's list in my area. A MS361, less than a year old, $450. Trying to get the seller to send some pics. I'm curious...

Ebay is very over priced on bigger saws. 660's with a lot of hours routinely go for over 600$ and you can pick up a new one for about a 1000$

Back