How long for break in period

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geocom

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
In the stihl manual for the 460 it says three tanks but I am still feeling slight gains in power even after 5-7 tanks is this unusual for a bigger saw or sound normal to everyone.

Power gains on my MS250 stopped after about 5 tanks I have been pretty careful with both during the first three tanks even when cutting I have taken my time so as not to over-rev and so on..

Both the MS250 and the MS460 are stock except removing the spark arrestor on the 250 (which I am going to replace when doing muffler mod)my tach should be in next week I plan on muffler modding both of them once I have the tach

Thanks in advance
:givebeer: (I did do a search before asking but didn't see exactly what I was looking for)

Not trying to derail this but anyone know the fuel capacity of a 361? I havn't bothered to keep track of how many tanks I've burned but do know I've put about a gallon and a half through it.

CC per gallon

Not trying to derail this but anyone know the fuel capacity of a 361? I havn't bothered to keep track of how many tanks I've burned but do know I've put about a gallon and a half through it.

One gallon is 3785 CC so on the 361 that should be about 8/9 tanks based on gallon and a half
as specs are 685CC tank on that saw

Last edited:
One gallon is 3785 CC so on the 361 that should be about 8/9 tanks based on gallon and a half
as specs are 685CC tank on that saw

Yes, .685 litres - and that last a long time, very fuel-efficient saw!

Ime, it is a "20 tanks" saw.......

Cool

Well that is good to know about the 10-20 tanks thing curious about where my 460 will end up as far as power goes feels powerful now but that is coming from the MS250 so quite a big jump in saws

Well that is good to know about the 10-20 tanks thing curious about where my 460 will end up as far as power goes feels powerful now but that is coming from the MS250 so quite a big jump in saws
I know what you mean every tank my 7900 gets it feels better! But I am a sucker for power even if I don't need it. Example I bought a 1990 Blazer full size in 1991. It came with a 350Chevy I put a 383 in her then a 502 big block:) Oh of course changed axles transfer, case and lift twice. Added so many things air locker.'' OKAY IT Is A SICKNESS''

I will stop wile I am ahead but might I suggest a 8pin and 20'' bar after you mod the muffler.

I might have changed the subject a bit here, But to me it looks like the early on set of CAD. Your just waiting for that 460 to hit full power lol

Yes, .685 litres - and that last a long time, very fuel-efficient saw!

Ime, it is a "20 tanks" saw.......
I thought a gallon was 3.73 litre, of course a gallon is not a gallon, a imperial or old Canadian gallon was more like 4.4 litre same with a imperial quart it was bigger than a U.S quart but that makes sense
Dont mind me this is a personal grip I have with gallons being old enough to remember when gas was sold by the gallon here.

I thought a gallon was 3.73 litre, of course a gallon is not a gallon, a imperial or old Canadian gallon was more like 4.4 litre same with a imperial quart it was bigger than a U.S quart but that makes sense
Dont mind me this is a personal grip I have with gallons being old enough to remember when gas was sold by the gallon here.

Lots of different "gallons" out there - litres is more reliable - but in this case gallons is more than accurate enough - just say between two and tree..... :censored:

Last edited:
Ok I honestly didn't want to derail this thing but appreciate the response to my question. Now to try and put this thing back on track:

1 U.S. gallon = 0.833 Imperial gallon
1 U.S. gallon = 3.785 liters
1 Imperial gallon = 1.201 U.S. gallons
1 Imperial gallon = 4.546 liters
1 liter = 0.264 U.S. gallon

Now back to your regularly scheduled posting :cheers:

Latest posts

Back