Favorite Guide Bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite bar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well as MMFaller39 is realitvely new here, he may not have know its a predominately Stihl site.

have only heard good things about stihl bars, but then that info is only coming from stihl heads.........

only have husky saws and the second hand bars they came with.....

when i do get a stihl it will run a stihl bar and chain.

Serg

Everyone knows a Stihl bar will add 10-15% more HP to a saw.

Geezzz..................................:jawdrop:

2nd to Stihl I like the GB titanium.

The thing is though, STIHL bars and GB bars are relatively the same except for paint.

I have a 25" GB Ti bar on a 440 and a 25" Stihl ES on a 441. The ES has worn much, much, better than the GB Ti bar. These bars were used to cut the same type of wood and similar felling and limbing duties. The ES has also done a few cords of hard, dry firewood.

The thing is though, STIHL bars and GB bars are relatively the same except for paint.

a local dealer, not stihl, tried to tell me that GB made stihl's bars......:monkey:

now im not a stihl head, but there is no way a company as big as stihl, that has plants in germany and the usa will get bars made from and Australian company..... just not econmically viable.

plus STIHL MAKES THERE OWN BARS!!!!!

i believe they are good bars along with most of there products, BUT that doesnt make oregon, windsor or GB just straight out crap.

remember stihl stuff is more expensive so it should be a bit better.

Serg

I like the Stihl ES or GB Titanium .....:) :)

Ditto... I also like the GB Pro Top. Solid bars are the only way to go (avoid laminated).

Stihl does make their own bars. Amusing that someone would think that GB makes them. Read: avoid that dealer! I like the GB bars better for subtle reasons, and they are straighter (less oval) than Stihl. I have bashed up my GB bars pretty good, and bent them right back into shape, as if nothing happened.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back