changed my mind about stihl chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superfire

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
local dealer who is a great guy and has a great crew changed my mind about Stihl chain. need a a 375 63 chain for a 32" bar for my old 044 well no full skip in site:( they have semi skip square ground chain buy to boat load. thought about just ordering my regular Oregon chain. but being a cheap skate i just listen to what they said about the benifits of buying Stihl saw chain. i bit the bait and bought a loop. had a tree limbing job 4 inch wood mostly. that stuff just flat :jawdrop: :chainsawguy: :kilt:
:givebeer:

I have found after using some oregon, carlton, and woodsman pro that none of them hold up like Stihl. The Stihl doens't stretch near as much and holds the edge longer.

I personally wont use anything but Stihl chain. Ive went cheap and tried Oregon chains in the past and IMO they just dont hold up like Stihl chains do.

I love Stihl chain. I can get Carlton a lot cheaper. I use Carlton more than anything. Funny how that works.

Mark

In College, I split wood to get me through. I ran a lot of Carlton and liked it, good chain at a good price.

Now if I can find a deal on STIHL I'll take it. Lasts/holds an edge longer. I'll STIHL take Carlton over Oregon.

P.S. My files lasts longer on some than others....why....???????

Files are cheaper........

Latest posts

Back