New bar question?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsaw1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to get a new 28in bar for my 660, i like running the GB Ti CN40 but can not find any no ware, I was just thinking of getting a Stihl but i thought i would ask what kind of bars the pros like to run and what holds up the best. Thanks in advance.
Kirk

Well yes they do, i dont know why i didnt look their, i just looked on E-bay because that is where i bought my 20in one. Thanks for telling me to look on Baileys i am on my why right know.

Running a 28" GB Titanium on my 660, it has been doing fine for me.

Cons

It could have a little more oil-hole, scrapping the slot will sometime plug the hole. (just needing a pine-needle swab or something, just keep an eye out for that happening)

Pros

Everything!
It just needs to last slightly over half the time an ES (Stihl) bar dose and it came out ahead! (and I am very sure it will)

I do have a 20in GB Ti cn40 and it seems to be a good bar but from what i am hearing the Stihl ES is a better bar? What would you run on a 28in bar skip? the only chain i have run is 33RSC because that is all my Stihl Dealer carries but would like to try something different if it would work better.

I would run full comp on 28" with a 066/660. It might not be real happy with an 8 pin rim in hardwood, but it should work fine with 7.:chainsawguy:

Well i got a Stihl Rollmatic ES with 92 links of 33RS and it is the perfect size bar while i am standing stright up cutting.

loggin' bars...I'll tell ya...

We run GB titanium, Oregon powermatch, stihl ES, and sometimes windsor speedtip. We typically get 6 months out of a GB ti, 4 months out of a stihl ES, and about 3 months for the other two. And by that time they are polished metal, and the chain drivers are digging into the bottom of the bar groove. But, we run hard......the other week we put 6 loads on the landing before lunchtime........... Btw......that's just me cuttin' and the skidder operator. And 6 loads equal roughly 36,000 bdft.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

We run GB titanium, Oregon powermatch, stihl ES, and sometimes windsor speedtip. We typically get 6 months out of a GB ti, 4 months out of a stihl ES, and about 3 months for the other two. And by that time they are polished metal, and the chain drivers are digging into the bottom of the bar groove. But, we run hard......the other week we put 6 loads on the landing before lunchtime........... Btw......that's just me cuttin' and the skidder operator. And 6 loads equal roughly 36,000 bdft.:greenchainsaw: :chainsaw:

WoW i guess you dont take 2 many smoke breaks before lunch, that is alot of cutten!:greenchainsaw:

yup

WoW i guess you dont take 2 many smoke breaks before lunch, that is alot of cutten!:greenchainsaw:

Nope i don't.....but then again you can't smoke copenhagen long cut....lol:greenchainsaw:

I get ES bars out here for a pretty good deal... a 28" Stihl ES here will go for about 60 bucks... that is compareable to an Oregon Powermatch... but waaayyyy better.

Gary

The Stihl 28in ES i got i was charged $64 from my dealer.

Latest posts

Back