Good Price? Husqvarna 455 Rancher w/20" Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRJ

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
The guy said they bought out someone elses stock and are selling them for $349. Full factory warranty, etc...

My local Husky dealer has "factory refurbished" 455 Ranchers for $269.95 w 2 yr warranty. The two I saw looked brand new with only minor cosmetic blemishes. He said with Lowes and their money back satisfaction guarantee, people buy a saw, cut the storm downed tree up, then return the saw saying they don't like it! Then the authorized dealers get stuck selling them off.....killing the new saw sales!

My local Husky dealer has "factory refurbished" 455 Ranchers for $269.95 w 2 yr warranty. The two I saw looked brand new with only minor cosmetic blemishes. He said with Lowes and their money back satisfaction guarantee, people buy a saw, cut the storm downed tree up, then return the saw saying they don't like it! Then the authorized dealers get stuck selling them off.....killing the new saw sales!

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

It's hard to argue with 2 455's for near the cost of one 357XP.

I see the same thing at the local Husky shop.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I have the refurbs at 299 with the 2 year warr. They are good saws and they were the box store buy backs.

:agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2: :agree2:

It's hard to argue with 2 455's for near the cost of one 357XP.

I see the same thing at the local Husky shop.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

I'd sure take the 357xp! :givebeer:

...and I suspect that the refurbs haven't actually been back at the factory in Sweden........

Last edited:
I will correct that to read: Refurbed by a Husqvarna certified technician is how I believe it's stated. They are boxed and marked "factory refurbished" though if I remember correctly. Maybe just "refurbished", but if that's the model you're looking for, it's a heck of a deal at $269.99" Even the $299 is a pretty good price considering the NEW price. The two I saw looked as new as any display model I've seen on the shelf.

I'll stick with my three Husky's I already own the 272xp, model 51 and 141.....although the 141 isn't much, it serves it's purpose and is easy to handle for my wife when she's helping limb trees (which isn't very often, but still the same, she does help and enjoys running a saw!) I got a little Stihl 009 to fix up for her too. I think all I ned now is an oil pump, or rebuild for it. It was her fathers saw that sat for 10 years unused after he passed away. I asked about it a year or so after he passed and the In-laws couldn't find it. We figured one of the cousins had scarfed it. Then this fall, it surfaced during a barn emptying session! It was bone dry, I filled it with gas mix and some bar oil and believe it or not, 4 pulls and it was running! A little rough at first, but it warmed up and it seems to run ok now, just the oiler doesn't work at all. I took it apart and the downtime was hard on all the parts of the pump, especially the filter! I just haven't gotten aroun to getting the parts to try to repair what I have. I figure since it was her fathers and she was very close to him, it would be nice for her to have and use. Will be good memories for her.

Before CAD

The guy said they bought out someone elses stock and are selling them for $349. Full factory warranty, etc...

I got one last year for Xmas. It is a great saw for firewood cutting. It is a bit heavy for the HP it puts out. It is great for what it is designed for and the intended purpose as a home owner saw. I was happy with mine till I found this site and got a bad case of CAD. If your mainly going to cut firewood, it would be a great saw till CAD strikes you too! Get rid of the stock bar and chain! They realy suck bad. Get a Windsor bar and Stihl RS/RSC chain. Best bar length is 16" to 18" range. It will run a 20" bar okay, but it will be slower in the cut then the shorter bars. I run a 20" hardnose and it really kills the power output!

Last edited:
Why get rid of the stock bar before it's worn out? It's just a rebadged Oregon laminated bar and will be fine for quite awhile.

Probably a Oregon safety chain so you might be on to something with that, but I never bothered to look at em.

Latest posts

Back