Carb Limiter Cap Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leeave96

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I need to make a slight adjustment on my MS210. I'd like to pull the limiter caps before adjustment and have a few quick questions.

1. What is the best way to remove them. Is there any special tool required?

2. What is the harm in leaving them off? Will the carb stay adjusted or do the limiter caps lock down the adjustment screws?

Thanks!
Bill

Inspect them carefully and try to determine if small protruding tabs are the actual culprit. If that is the case, you only need to modify the tabs to increase rotation of the adjustment screws. Dremel has worked for me.

I need to make a slight adjustment on my MS210. I'd like to pull the limiter caps before adjustment and have a few quick questions.

1. What is the best way to remove them. Is there any special tool required?

2. What is the harm in leaving them off? Will the carb stay adjusted or do the limiter caps lock down the adjustment screws?

Thanks!
Bill

Hi Bill,
Use a drywall screw to screw into the cap just a bit to hold it, line up the little tab on the side with the tab slot and pull to remove the cap. They do sell a special tool for it but this works for most of us. If you mangle the cap you can buy another for 65 cents or so. File off the tab so you can adjust the carb any time and pop em back in.
Yes you do need them in to keep the adjustment screws in place.

The 210 used a Zama carb. Drywall screws won't work and there are no slots like on a Walbro, Just pry the cap up a small amount with a small screwdriver, and it will allow you to rotate the screw.

I believe the Stihl MS210 uses a Walboro carb, model WT-215. I believe this is also the same carb that was used on the 021 and someone correct me, but I don't think the 021 had limiter caps. This makes me think that if I pull the caps for the carb adjustment, I can leave the off.

Thanks,
Bill

Nope.. If it has a WT-215, that's because someone put on one from 021, and it would have no cap anyhow.

The USA MS210 uses a Zama carb. if you pull the cap off completely (don't need to) the screw will soon break out on the top with adjustment..

Last edited:
Hey Lake. Got the posts out of order and I wasn't answering you.

BTW, do you ever clear you PMs? I have a great idea on how we can get more money from our customers, but I didn't want everyone to see it.

Oh crap, I shouldn't have typed that!

Lakeside53, thanks for sharing Your Knowledge In Stihl Chainsaws It`s helped Me Alot.

Hey Lake. Got the posts out of order and I wasn't answering you.

BTW, do you ever clear you PMs? I have a great idea on how we can get more money from our customers, but I didn't want everyone to see it.

Oh crap, I shouldn't have typed that!

lol - about every few days. guess I'd better answer some more...

Back