talk me out of the 026 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
talk me out of it, this is because ive made arrangments and will be pickn mine up tommorrow afternoon, its like new not a scratch. from the pics it should be on the stihl shelf with the rest of the 2 saws that the stihl dealers are keeping in stock.

i realy want this little thing. ill fire it up possibly pull the muffler and see what the piston says, but im sure tis good.

this saw will wear a 16" bar with 3/8 rsc regardless of wether it has 325 or 3/8 on it now. itl stay in the truck at all times for those times when i need saw and never seem to have one. itl also be my legal firewood saw come spring.

gona try my hand at selling firewood so i want something that wont get me fined. i may be putn a 357 muffler on the 359 so its legal.

anyways thats the plan for tommorrow. ill be up early to see what you guys have to say

thanks

Evan

Well, you're not going to get any help from me talking you out of it. I love my 260. Great little saw.

Why would we talk you out of it? Anyone who lives in Mtn Home, ID deserves to have something....anything good happen to them. ;) If it's staying in the truck, get a case for it.

talk you out of it?

the 026/260 is close enough in size and weight to your 359 that it is uneccesary. also, it is worth too much to risk leaving it in the truck.
negative enough?;)

026 is a good little saw. you will like it.

I'm not gonna talk you out of anything. You do what you want.
However if you're going into the firewood business I think you need a bigger saw than an 026. I'd think something 70 cc. + like a 460 should still be 'legal'.

yeah but this saw will wear a short bar at all times while the 359 does double duty and ive found i can put 28" bar on it errrrrrr yeah a 28 bar on a 359.

its a done deal unless it runs like dog crud or something like that.

i want the 3/8 chain because i dont want to have both ive got a chain breaker and can make my own. 325 just wouldnt make sence.

yup its a done deal i think

thanks guys

Evan

i dont know that ill be in the fire wood busness, maybe do caouple trips and bring back as much as i can on the trailer and in the truck. ive got 20 foot deck on my little equipment trailer and will build some side 4 foot tall for it. should be able to bring out a few cord.
the muffler on the 359 doesnt have a spark screan thats why its not legal. but ya id want to use it for the 24" trees dont think id want to load much bigger wood then that.

a bigger saw will come later. its just not in the cards right now. ohhhhh i have the 310 to, i keep forgeting about it. its still got the spark screen and can play in the forest.

anyways im off to bed

later
Evan

Go for it

Pro's:
Light weight.
Reasonably powerful.
Well built.

Cons:
Air filter plugs quickly
Almost enough power for 3/8 chain.

My 260 is running a 18" bar with 3/8 in full skip. Fantastic little screamer. Until I tackle some larger stuff....

First thing to do is open the muffler up to about double what it has.
Then turn the H up a smirch. Run it like you stole it.

Last edited:
cant sleep.

yeah ill probly muff mod it, maybe from the piston out. i dunno if i have time im might grind on the intake and exhaust.

heres pics he sent me. pics arent the greatest but it sure does look clean

i also noticed that when stihl changed the name to MS 260 that covers got a hump in them, is for better air flow or something of the short, decomp seems to be in same place i was wonderin about maybe difrent spark plug boot on new models. anyways here it is

Warning: Stihl 026 PRO will result in massive quantities of cut wood increasing your wood splitting responsibilities exponentially. Please use with caution as other saws in your collection will seek revenge.

Warning: Stihl 026 PRO will result in massive quantities of cut wood increasing your wood splitting responsibilities exponentially. Please use with caution as other saws in your collection will seek revenge.

:laugh: :ices_rofl: ya know hes right, i got mine and first thing it did was pay for it's self. only thing i can say is good
pro's:
light
great power to weight ratio
great all around

con's:
i can't think of any

one with a modded muffler and no spark screen, i think anything with spark screen is legal

Great little saw, I love mine, and also run a 16" bar w/ 3/8 RSC. I use it for limbing and small trees, w/ the muffler opened up a bit and the carb tuned, it screams. Very impressive for it's size.

You wanted talked out of it, ok I will. Your a ##### if you buy that saw. Your probably a hard working guy, and that is not the saw for you....unless your a chick, a kid, or a beginer. I tried.

It appears to be a lightly used saw, and definitely a keeper. You'll notice quite a difference in weight and handling compared to a 359. Good price?

Latest posts

Back