synthetic 2 stroke race oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpie

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is any one using any special synthetic mix oil? I just found out that the 4 mix engines need to run stihl synthetic oil,because the valves carbon up on the regular stihl oil. I want to go to BEL-RAY H1R and run it in every thing.

I have run Mobil1 2 stroke full synthetic, Castor927 and some of the Klotz oils and never had a problem. I know Belray makes great oils too, go ahead and run it!

Id go with Klotz if it were me. Its the best synthetic 2-stroke oil there is, plus, it will make your exhaust smell like you are running race gas.

I use Redline Synthetic Two-Stroke Race Oil, it works well. Most synthetic 2 stroke oils work very well. If it is cleanliness you are after make sure the oil says FD on it. If you can`t stop obsessing over which oil is best, just use Stihl synthetic ! It is real synthetic.... It is approved...And proven by many here and by stihl. If you don`t want to use the Stihl use what ever makes your heart happy !:cheers:

I have used Klotz super techniplate synthetic and can tell you it smells like bubble gum in the bottle and will burn your eyes like tear gas coming out the muffler, but it is some of the best oil I have ever used.

I run Maxima SuperM, and have not had any problems, been running it for years.

Here is my opinion..... You are better off to use a manufacturer approved oil. I do know that amsoil and redline carry no aproval seals or ratings on them. If your saw goes kaput while running some of this oil, I doubt very highly that amsoil or redline will pay for the repairs if it is the fault of the oil. I know amsoil says they will stand behind the products. Here is my challenge to everyone, Google amsoil versus any oil, or amsoil versus whatever. Amsoil coporate sites always come up first and then distributor sites. Try to find independent testing on their oil.... pretty damn hard eh ? Amsoil spends alot of money paying lawyers and sending out letters to people,websites and companies telling them to retract statements and take their findings off the internet. I personal think amsoil is excellent oil.... but there is better out there ! Try running your new saw on 100:1 amsoil, if it goes kaput call amsoil and call your saw manufacturer....call your dealer, I bet you won't get your saw fixed especially by amsoil ! They have an answer for everything ! If you research it long enough you will see what I mean ! Amsoil seems to brain wash. Run stihl synthetic at the recommended ratio and i bet you will never have a problem. !

I have used Klotz super techniplate synthetic and can tell you it smells like bubble gum in the bottle and will burn your eyes like tear gas coming out the muffler, but it is some of the best oil I have ever used.

You must have mixed it very rich. I mix mine 40:1 and have no smoke after start up with very little smell after it warms up.

I had this very convesion a while back. Yes they will fix anything you run with amsoil, IF they find that it was their oil to blame. Must 2 strokes blow up from lack of fuel(lean) than becasue of lack of oil.
Every amsoil jug I had had their ratings on them.

I had this very convesion a while back. Yes they will fix anything you run with amsoil, IF they find that it was their oil to blame. Must 2 strokes blow up from lack of fuel(lean) than becasue of lack of oil.

Really ? I have honestly never found approval or ratings seals on them !:monkey:

I'm runnin redline rite now but i have a buddy that has some ipone race oil.
he said it has an additive in it that makes the exhaust smell like strawberries.
not sure if that'd be good inda bush though might attract the bears. but i'm going to give it a whirl any way.

The amsoil jugs I have seen say - recommended for pre-mix applications specifying .TC W3 . API TC . JASCO FC

It does not say meets or exceeds

The ones I had said meets polaris, skidoo,seadoo,yamaha and arctic cat specifications.

Not race saws,just used hard and I run Cartrol TTS at 40:1.Always used it in air and watercooled bikes and never had a problem.

Back