Best made bars ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chugbug

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a good regular kerf .325 bar for my 346 husky to go along with a loop of oregon 20 LP that I have and get away from the NK stuff . I see baileys has two oregon bars , the pro-lite and the power match and they also have a Windsor Speed-tip bar . Some of these bars are a little pricey but I don't mind if I'm getting a really good bar . I always thought Oregon was top of the line but after talking to a dealer today he doesn't think much of them . So who makes the best bar in the 40.00 range ??

If you buy an Oregon Powermatch for your Husqvarna from Bailey's... it used to come in a Husqvarna box, and was painted gray with blue "Husqvarna" lettering on it...

Since I think Oregon is still Husqvarna's US bar manufacturer...

The Oregon and Windor bars are good bars IMO... and they are decently priced on Bailey's as well...

Gary

I wondered who made the OEM husky bars that came with it !! Maybe I have something else going on but the original bar that came with my 346 has developed some burn marks on the bottom middle part of the bar . I just assumed it was a cheaper bar that they included with there saws . I have the oiler setting on the highest out-put and that was a 16'' bar !! I keep the chain tension adjusted all the time , not sure what else would cause it to burn , I do use regular bar oil also.

i have run both th oregon powermatch and the windsor speedtip, i personaly think the windsor holds up a little better

I wondered who made the OEM husky bars that came with it !! Maybe I have something else going on but the original bar that came with my 346 has developed some burn marks on the bottom middle part of the bar . I just assumed it was a cheaper bar that they included with there saws . I have the oiler setting on the highest out-put and that was a 16'' bar !! I keep the chain tension adjusted all the time , not sure what else would cause it to burn , I do use regular bar oil also.

Some bars (like the Stihl ES) are hardened along the rails... a lot of people think it is a burnt bar, when it is just hardened steel... can you post a pic?

Gary

Gary , it looks burnt to me , because it looks like it burnt the paint on the bar ?Maybe a inch long or so ?? I've since filed and sanded the bar smooth .

Maybe thats all it was , I just figured it got really hot from normal use , thinking that the stock bar was a cheaper unit .

GB CN40 titanium....

GB TI's are good Popsicle bars. A little heat and they start to melt away.;)

I do like the Stihl ES stuff, but you'd need adapters to make it work on the 346.

I also think Windsor Speed Tips are real nice. Not a lot of time on it yet, but it does seem like a good one.

Gb

GB TI's are good Popsicle bars. A little heat and they start to melt away.;)

I do like the Stihl ES stuff, but you'd need adapters to make it work on the 346.

I also think Windsor Speed Tips are real nice. Not a lot of time on it yet, but it does seem like a good one.

I have to disagree with the statement of GB being a popsicle bar. They last the longest of anything we run up at work..and I mean we run em' hard!..:greenchainsaw: And BTW we have ran about every bar there is...Oregon powermatch, windsor speedtip, carlton, stihl ES, cannon, woodsman pro, and of course GB protop and GB titanium. The cannons only last as long as the GB's and the GB's are half the weight...:greenchainsaw:

I have to disagree with the statement of GB being a popsicle bar. They last the longest of anything we run up at work..and I mean we run em' hard!..:greenchainsaw: And BTW we have ran about every bar there is...Oregon powermatch, windsor speedtip, carlton, stihl ES, cannon, woodsman pro, and of course GB protop and GB titanium. The cannons only last as long as the GB's and the GB's are half the weight...:greenchainsaw:

I've got two of the GB TI bars. One 24 incher and one 32 incher.

The 24 incher in on a 441 and has cut quite a bit of wood.

It has a couple of places where there is some meat missing. It happened in the first couple of tanks of fuel, but hasn't gotten any worse.

I've cut a lot of wood in the past 8 months with it and it seems to be doing fine.

Bars

Welllll, and this is just my opinion... For small mount huskies, I've had very good luck with my Oregon power match. I also haven't had any issues with the small mount GB bars either. For big bar mount, I swear by GB CN-40 Titanium's, but you can't get that in small mount. Something I've noticed is that every husky I've ever run puts out smaller amounts of oil than other saws. I run winter grade oil all the time. It's thinner and seems to flow better. Maybe try that before you buy another bar... I run the winter grade year around. Don't really see much difference in consistency. Even when your running your saw in the winter, it heats up the oil, so it gets thin anyways... It's just the pouring thats easier when its cold. I keep the oil inside or in my truck where its warmer anyways, so that's no biggie. Those saws get hot no matter what the temp outside...

:popcorn:

Running with a dull chain can do that too... Burn and all...

where does one aquire gb titanium bars?

From me :)

31012009041.jpg

19032009103.jpg

Only kidding. The 44" orange Titanium R bar came from Stens in the US! The others from GB.
Like I've mentioned in other threads I've seen Stihl, Husky, Jonsered etc bars all come out of GB in Australia at one time or another.
All top line solid bars that I've used have been good. The Oregon Power Match plus bars are good as are the GB Pro Tops. The Stihl Rollomatic and Husky 20" solid bars that I got from GB were exactly the same as the Pro Tops I bought - just a different paint job.
Unfortunately if you believe some of the rumours circulating from quite reliable industry sources in Australia GB gear may be hard to come by soon. I believe they've just lost the right to rebadge Carlton chain as GB too.

Last edited:
Back