Anyone use amsoil products in there saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmorgan71587

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So i am hooked up with a amsoil dealer for work and i was looking through the catalog the other day and saw bar and chain oil and the saber professional 100:1 pre-mix synthetic oil for chainsaws

has anyone used any of these?how do they work? If so do you mix it at 100:1 or the 25:1 that sthil recomends for other brand oils or should i mix it 50:1 btw i have a 028 super and a 036 pro

i use amsoil saber but i mix it at 50:1. ive had pretty good luck with it. ive ran through about half a case of it. about 70 gallons of premix. it seems to be working pretty good. I would run stihl ultra if it wasn't so darn expensive.

ive never messed with the amsoil bar oil tho

Im getting the bc oil for 13.99 qa gallon so i thought i would give it a try and the oil is 17.99 for a case of 12 3.5oz bottle

I won't touch the stuff. I don't freaking trust it. If I burn something up running that stuff are they going to buy me a new one? Unlikely.

Both of mine are out of warenty. I have run amsoil in my 28 skater with twin 280 mercs and it works great. And any problem with a fuel oil mixture that causes the feared, i think will come back on the mixer of the oil and gas.

b/c oil

I looked at the bar and chain oil. The guy told me it was the best and then he told me it was $21/gallon......I told him see ya later:taped:

I will try Amsoil if and only if they buy me a brand new 361 and pay for 2 years worth of Amsoil. If after running it on 100:1 for 2 years of hard cutting the piston still looks good and has good compression I might consider using their products. Until then I am not putting it anywhere near any of my 2-stroke stuff, not even my Super 2 or my beat up weed eater, not one drop, ever.

i know guys that have ran wal mart 2 stroke outboard oil for many hundreds of hours through 660's and never had a bit of problems.

y not just run the Saber 100:1 @ 50:1?

there b/c oil only retails for 18.90 i dont know where he got 21 from if anyone is from pa and wants to try it i will sell the gallons for 15.00

I know nothing of their chainsaw oil but I run Dominator in my 2-stroke dirtbike and my snowmobile has been on Interceptor since new and it has 5500 miles on it now, no problems with either one.

So which of the Amsoil products is best for a chainsaw? I've been a dealer and a preferred customer before just to get the discount on my auto engine oil, but never used their 2-smoke oil.

Amsoil says to use the Sabre.

don' you run Klotz R50? do you ever run stihl ultra? if so how do they compare?

Latest posts

Back