Electric Grinder settings - help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihltp

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I bought the Northern Tool Grinder and need some advise. I have an 026 Stihl chain that I want to sharpen and need to know what stone size to use and the various degree settings.

Any help or tips with this tool would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Tino :cheers:

?

Whats the chain size? Did grinder come with a instruction manual? Did ya get it directly from Northern? Is it new?

theres a chart in the back of the manuel, most stihl chains are 60 degree angle w/wheel (back side), 25 rotation (mark on front), 5 degree tilt ( loosen bottom hand knob and lean it to first mark retighten) as far as the wheel I dont remember, @ work!!

Does anyone know what wheel size to use? The wheels got this wierd metric sizes marked on them.

Thx

The small wheel is for the picco chains and .325 pitch. The medium wheel is for .325 and .375 pitch. The big wheel is for .375 and .404.

(at least that is what my manuel says, and I only had my grinder for a week or so.) Someone correct me if I am wrong.

The small wheel is for the picco chains and .325 pitch. The medium wheel is for .325 and .375 pitch. The big wheel is for .375 and .404.

(at least that is what my manuel says, and I only had my grinder for a week or so.) Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Found it on page 9 of the maual. It has a picture of the disk and has the "mm" size and sae for the width.

Tino

Back