Good 2-Cycle Oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kunes

The Kid
Reaction score
I have a Husky saw and was wondering if there was any place online i could buy some "Good" 2-cycle oil i know there very many kinds. I would want an oil that wouldn't ruin my saw.

Links are great:chainsaw:

thanks,
~kunes

See if your dealer has husky XP oil , its a good semi synthetic oil with stabilizer already in it !! And your warranty will stay intact !! My local hardware store has it , Do a search for online sales.

Last edited:
pm klotzlubemn for klotz or mama tried for amsoil. Good deals and they are site sponsors.

See if your dealer has husky XP oil , its a good semi synthetic oil with stabilizer already in it !! And your warranty will stay intact !!

They can't cut your warranty if you use an oil rated as good or better than their requirement.

Yeah , But just try to argue that when you have a problem , they have alot of lawyers at hand just waiting to try and to get out of a claim !!!!!!

The point is with a husky 435 you're not going to be burning enough gas to experience great savings with a cheaper oil. There's no magic 2 stroke that's 10% of the cost of the husky 2 stroke with way better performance, sold in reasonable quantities. The husky is a good oil, it's appropriate for your machine and provided that you're not getting taken advantage of by a large margin at your dealer, you're really not going to save all that much money. Play it safe. Do a search if you want more.

Last edited:
Also, if you buy oil in a large quantity, chances are better than not that you wont use it up in time, and will start to worry about expiration and degradation of the oil.

Why would you want to burn a cheap oil ?? The difference is very little !! If you want a cheaper oil see if the husky low smoke oil would save you some money .

I know i can use Husky Oil and i currently do. But what other brands can i use that might be cheaper.

There are places to cut corners to save a buck. This is not one of them.

Husqvarna or Stihl synthetic should be fine, as should Klotz, MobilMX2T (if you can find it). You can make a lot of mix with a quart of oil...

QUOTE=chugbug;1479751]Yeah , But just try to argue that when you have a problem , they have alot of lawyers at hand just waiting to try and to get out of a claim !!!!!![/QUOTE]

:agree2: I think you are correct, unless you have a dealer who sais ok run this and we will cover it, and you are concerned about having your warranty be good. Run husky or stihl or what ever they say to run. It sucks but I dont think you can fight them over it. I dont run what they recommend I run KLOTZ in my saws and I just accept the fact if I have a problem it probably wont be covered!

Stihl Ultra & 93 octane, no ethanol please

Thought I would answer before Gary felt compelled to get involved.

Stihl Ultra costs Stihl $$$, but it's cheap compared to carb rebuiilds, P & C kits, your labor time, etc.

Back