Drive Sprocket Bearing Maintainence

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGBUCK

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.
I have a Husky 395XP, and I was wondering if I should grease the drive sprocket bearing every once in awhile. If so what type of grease, and how often?

Thanks

The clutch bearings are real easy to lube on the XP Huskys. There is a hole on the end of the crankshaft for this purpose. Get one of those mini grease guns and give about 2 squirts of grease down into the hole. I would say to grease it about once a week.

green grease is good stuff and extremely tacky. it is available at high quality auto stores or go to green grease .com directly. not cheap but unmatched tack and film strength. there are some other good ones out there as well lucas red n tacky works well also . green grease is howeververy sticky.

Just about any bearing grease will work, as the bearing is only in use when the saw is idling. I grease the bearing every time I give the saw a good cleaning.

:clap: Its amazing the little things you never think about! I grease mine every now and then, but I had never thought about the fact that the bearing only turns when the clutch is not locked up! You learn something every day!

green grease is good stuff and extremely tacky. it is available at high quality auto stores or go to green grease .com directly. not cheap but unmatched tack and film strength. there are some other good ones out there as well lucas red n tacky works well also . green grease is howeververy sticky.

TSC has it, and I gotta agree. The green gorp is great for applications where ya don't want dino grease.

Kendal Blue Marine grease is my fave though.
Just plain old nasty sticky and wont wash out or off LOL!!
I don't know what he pressure rating is, but it has worked great on my saws and Farm impliments for years.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Latest posts

Back