0.5 mm gasket material, where to buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overlooker

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to make cylinder gaskets for my Homelite EZ, but I can't find any one who sells gasket material that thin. I'd actually like to find material in the 0.012 to 0.015 inch range (0.5 mm is just under 0.020 in.). Any ideas? Tnx, O

After replacing the cylinder gasket twice, I finally determined that the most likely source of the air leak was not the cylinder gasket, but, rather, the O-ring between the crank case and the drive case. I got the new part from Leon. I just need to find the time to put it all back together. I'll post my results. O

UPDATE: here's what I'm up against:
JPEG_20210917_183358_538963601392919564.jpg
Hope I remember where all the parts go! This evening I replaced the o-ring between the crank case and the drive case. Now I have to reattach the piston rod to the crank shaft. I counted 27 needle bearings. I hope that's how many I'm supposed to have. T-A

This evening I replaced the o-ring between the crank case and the drive case.
To separate the drive case from the crank case, I ended up removing the piston rod from the crank shaft. I carefully collected and counted all 28 the needle bearings. I dropped them in a glass jar and cleaned them with PB Blaster. When I dumped them out, I only counted 27. I referred to the IPL and confirmed that there should be 28. Finally, after about 20 minutes of searching through all the dust and debris on the floor with a flashlight, I located my lost sheep. I celebrated with an ice-cold Imperial Stout beer! Now let's see if I can reinstall the piston rod without losing any more parts! O

Latest posts

Back