011 AVT Throttle Cable Installation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryck

Reaction score
Hello! I have spent the past few hours scouring the web for a manual or pictures of how to install the throttle cable on this saw. I bought it for $20 because it "wouldn't run". It was owned by a power company and when the throttle cable broke, they just stuck a piece of linkage out the top of the air filter cover. It worked, but I want to attach it to the actual trigger. I bought a new cable, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how it's supposed to go in. No matter what I try, it doesnt stay in place and the whole thing moves around and binds the throttle open. There are a bunch of old threads asking about this, but the pictures are gone or the links dont work. Anyone have a source on a diagram or picture of how this thing is supposed to go in?

Don't know if you figured this out, and so... Had a pair of unassembled case to show where the 010AV, 011AV, 011AVT, 012AV and 012AVP throttle cables go. It's easier to install the cable if the handles are not in the way.

AS answers 003.JPG
Fish the cable through the upper opening, just the cable not the sheathing:

AS answers 005.JPG
And to show where the sheathing ends up:

AS answers 002.JPG

Then, in the 011AVT the cable sheathing almost makes a 90 degree bend in the handle to get up to the trigger.

Yep, I just bought an 011avt also that had throttle cable problems because previous owner routed the cable the wrong way, when you pulled the trigger nothing happened. Like in the pictures the metal part of the cable shield has to stick into the slot for it to work, the bare cable then goes to the carb. The other end goes to the trigger and it's kinda hard to mess up..

Thanks for the info guys. Turns out the cable was about 1/4 inch too long despite being routed the correct way.

I realize this post is three years old but pictures are helpful Iam not getting full throttle after handl is own just wondering if there is a keeper in front of throttle cable that keeps tension 001 ATV

If I'm not mistaken the av cable is around 7" long and the avt cable is around 5" in overall length. I thought mine was too long and found that it was the right one, just routed wrong...
Well o have the 5". And seems way to long. Not sure how to reroute it?

Back