015's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

high life man

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the dates of manufacture, displacement, and hp rating of the old Stihl 015L's?

I have two, one with a grey sprocket cover that says "Stihl", and the other has an orange one that says "Stihl 015". they both bear the old style Stihl logo on the starter housing.

I realize that most of you are big saw guys, but I sure love my little tophandles. When the 020 is dull, in another truck, or broke, an old 015L seems to be a pretty good ticket. I've been using one more and more on the job. For me, on an average removal, the little saw does 75% of the work.

I've mentioned it before in passing within another thread, but nobody bit.

Do these have any collector's value?

Don't know the specs, but they are great little saws, moreover
if you use 1/4 inch pitch chain. They are @ 20 years old or so.
Fish

Fish,

I agree, they are good saws. Very simple. And all metal! One has been left original 1/4 pitch, the other's been converted.

High Life Man:

The 015 is a great little saw, like you guys mentioned, they are best run with 1/4" chain and nothing long then a 14" bar. The Stihls with the old saw tooth metal logo badge are at least 20 years old like "Fish" said. I use my 015 more than my 020AV for limbing. Happy cuttin :D .

As far as collectors value, I've sold mint 015L's for $125.00, but this was sold to a guy that was going to use it and not put it in a collection.

i really liked my little 015 av. had the rear handle ,instead of top.
i was a little vexed when i put right much into gettin it right.
then couldnt find a gas line an tank filter for it. the little echo seems on par with it.so we alright.

Back