024/026 manifold boot woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Converted an 024 super on an 026. Got everything together. Zero leaks from the case or cylinder. Sparked it up, turned it to the side and it dipped in idle. Grabed the brake clean and found a leak behind the carb. Confirmed it was not the fuel line or impulse line. I cannot, for the life of me figure out why the manifold boot is not sealing. The oem boot looked fine but just in case I pulled it out and put in an aftermarket boot. I made sure that the inner ring was installed correctly and the outer washer was installed correctly as well. I have tried about every combination of things. Adding a gasket, removing the inner ring, removing the outer washer and no matter what combination of things I try I cannot get it seal. I’m making sure the nuts are good and tight and everything. I have fixed this same issue on a lot of other saws and have never been stumped like this.

Also, it is an older model 024 super with the small fuel line. Did those happen to take a different manifold boot by chance? In this picture, I noticed some funky ridges behind the boot lip. I suspect this might be part of the issue.

Attachments

• 330222CC-EF8B-4943-A671-AC9FF09D9FFE.jpeg
    330222CC-EF8B-4943-A671-AC9FF09D9FFE.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 22
Tried the grease trick. Didn’t find much in the way of clues. Had to put the saw down for a day or two. Was getting too frustrated. Like what HarleyT said. This usually isn’t a problem so I feel like there’s something right in front of me that I’m missing.

Back