024/026 manifold boot woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran into this with an 026 three years ago. I replaced part 25 and that solved the problem.
View attachment 986482
The boot that was there had no lip and set up an air leak between the carb and washer part #28. I also applied a little gasket sealer as well. The owner had bought the saw for $50 and sold it for $250 after I fixed it.
Part number 24 is most often lost or missed when reassembling these saws and will cause an air leak if left out.Many of my 024 and 026`s came my way missing that part and had air leaks.

Part number 24 is most often lost or missed when reassembling these saws and will cause an air leak if left out.Many of my 024 and 026`s came my way missing that partand had air leaks.
Sometimes repair shops forget washer part #28 and substitute a gasket that many other saws use. That will fail and then produce the same air leak symptoms reported here by OP.

Sometimes repair shops forget washer part #28 and substitute a gasket that many other saws use. That will fail and then produce the same air leak symptoms reported here by OP.
yep using a gasket is a bad idea, sure setup for a leak. I have also seen sebveral come in with a bunch of gunky sealant between the carb and rubber manifold which is unnecessary if all the right components are in place.

Back