024 AV Carb Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
So recently I picked up an 024 with the worst scoring on a piston I have ever seen. It was scored all the way around. My guess is the previous owner tried running it on straight starter fluid.

Anyway, I was able to save the cylinder and put a meteor piston in it.

With that said, it needs a carb rebuild. Unfortunately, it had the Tilly carb on it. I have been doing some research and see that Walbro made a replacement carb for it, but I can't find a model number. Also, if I convert it to a Walbro, are there any changes that need made, or is it a direct swap?

Thanks guys

So recently I picked up an 024 with the worst scoring on a piston I have ever seen. It was scored all the way around. My guess is the previous owner tried running it on straight starter fluid.

Anyway, I was able to save the cylinder and put a meteor piston in it.

With that said, it needs a carb rebuild. Unfortunately, it had the Tilly carb on it. I have been doing some research and see that Walbro made a replacement carb for it, but I can't find a model number. Also, if I convert it to a Walbro, are there any changes that need made, or is it a direct swap?

Thanks guys
I think that the currently available Walbro WT-194 should bolt right on. It was used extensively in the 026 before EPA took over.

WT 194 will fit the saw, but is possibly overkill for what is needed for an 024.
If you can find one, the WT22 is an older version of the 194 and should be cheaper.

If it is an old 024 with the tall vent, old style air filter- it may not be as simple as a straight carb swap and still run the old style filter, or have the air box cover screw back in to place.

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered a knockoff WT194 because this saw isn't worth investing any more money than that into it. If it seems to run good with the new carb, then it may be worth investing more into it.

The tilly needs a rebuild, and was in pretty bad shape. I was trying to eliminate the carb as an issue so instead of rebuilding it, I was hoping to find a cheap knockoff but could not find one for the tilly.

Thanks for the replies.

I ordered a knockoff WT194 because this saw isn't worth investing any more money than that into it. If it seems to run good with the new carb, then it may be worth investing more into it.

The tilly needs a rebuild, and was in pretty bad shape. I was trying to eliminate the carb as an issue so instead of rebuilding it, I was hoping to find a cheap knockoff but could not find one for the tilly.
Ah I see. A heads up, you’ve very likely just caused yourself a new world of hurt going Chinese knockoff. Why not just put a new carb kit in the OEM? It’s a 5 minute job.

Latest posts

Back