024 Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwa55dal

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Ok guys - so I have been following the site for years and finally registered as a user. I am very familiar with Stihl pro models from over the years and just picked up a well used 024 that appears to be an early 80’s model. I have gone through all of the various parts manuals on-line and I can’t seem to figure out exactly what I have. This was a fairly well used saw, but it runs great and I have cleaned everything up and checked everything out, but the oil pump is throwing me. I have NOT pulled the clutch, but it has a metal oil pump without the worm gear attached to the clutch drum, but it oils at idle. I know the 026/260’s had the plastic oiler that would run at idle all the time, but I can’t find anything that shows metal parts on the 024/026 that don’t use the clutch to drive the oil pump? Any ideas or history on this one would be appreciated. I have an MS260 and MS261 so not sure I will use this one much, but more of a project and I would like to restore it to original condition.
Thanks.

Picture of the serial number if anyone can help with the age and generation.

Attachments

• CEA02CAE-6ACF-48BE-B919-72BCD3DD43D6.jpeg
    CEA02CAE-6ACF-48BE-B919-72BCD3DD43D6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back