024 two types of fuel pipe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where's the fire

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a perished fuel supply hose on my 2000 model 024, I have ordered the old version and new version, older version is shorter but neither fit well.. the long one is too long and pinches while the older version is shorter it isn't long enough in the fuel tank.. They are both different to the original hose I took off.. Any experience of this yourself ? How did you overcome it ??

Pics of the three, please.

Are the two new ones OEM?

On 026 saws, regardless of what they came with, I have been using the OEM new-style curved fuel hose. If the saw came with the straight hose, the hole in the tank needs to be enlarged to take the new hose. I use a Dremmel with burr to do that.

I have not done an 024 in a long time, but I think the issues are the same.

Roy

Pics of the three, please.

Are the two new ones OEM?

On 026 saws, regardless of what they came with, I have been using the OEM new-style curved fuel hose. If the saw came with the straight hose, the hole in the tank needs to be enlarged to take the new hose. I use a Dremmel with burr to do that.

I have not done an 024 in a long time, but I think the issues are the same.

Roy
Hiya Roy.. I will try to supply pics but I am a tech luddite..

I haven't used Stihl parts but pattern replacements, there does only seem to be the two so I could ask a stihl dealer but I wouldn't hold my breath for getting original parts based on age..

I am pretty sure the fuel hoses are still available from dealers. They are, of course, pricey.

Probably $10 for the fuel and something a lit less for the impulse.

IPL, in case you don't have it.

Roy

Attachments

• Stihl 024 parts list .pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
I'm dealing with the same problem right now. Guy brought me his 024av to look at and it had the longer fuel line in it and it was kinked and getting in the way of the throttle rod. I was thinking a two piece fuel line with a elbow at the fuel tank case would fit better, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

I'm dealing with the same problem right now. Guy brought me his 024av to look at and it had the longer fuel line in it and it was kinked and getting in the way of the throttle rod. I was thinking a two piece fuel line with a elbow at the fuel tank case would fit better, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

Is the too-long fuel line OEM or AM?

Roy

I recently did an 024 project. the fuel line appeared too long and was kinking near the carb and interfering with the throttle rod. I looked in the fuel tank and it was way too short on that end to even come near the bottom. in reality it was new, was correct but had been installed upside down by the PO.

Pretty hard to imagine needing to go to a 2-piece deal. Maybe posting a pic would help.

I do know, when I switch an old-style 026 to the new fuel line, one needs to be careful when screwing down the air filter. I take a small screw driver and push down and forward on the fuel line...while screwing down the air filter.

I have thought, from time to time, about converting to a Husky-style fuel line on these saws.

Roy

Curious on this as well.

Have a short hose on an AV and took about 5 minutes to get the fuel filter swapped WITH a pair of hemos and a curved pick. Still not convinced it's even in hose snug but I cant get at it well enough.

Need to check the rest of the fuel system for wear.

Back