026 to pro oiler clutch drum prob

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeLogistic

Reaction score
I bought a 026 that had melted the old fixed non pro oiler. It didn't have the heat shield washer, not sure if they came with them. The break band was heat damaged and the clutch drum. Figured if I had to replace all those parts I would just upgrade to the pro style oiler. I didnt replace the 1121 clutch, did buy the pro oiler, worm gear, steal bushing, washer, clutch drum (with the slot), and break band. Put it together thinking I may not be using a 046 for everything, wrong! The clutch drum doesn't sit deep enough to engage the worm, sits about 1/8 in too high. Do early models have different drums? I did see talk of different ser numbers while I was looking though threads, thank you for answering.....

Attachments

• 20210715_110758.jpg
    20210715_110758.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Did you try without the big dust washer?

I only ask cause i just rebuilt a 039 that never had the washer either and i ordered one. Put it on and nothe would line up propperly.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Did you try without the big dust washer?

I only ask cause i just rebuilt a 039 that never had the washer either and i ordered one. Put it on and nothe would line up propperly.

Depends on the clutch. That washer is for protecting the oiler if the clutch springs break and release the weights on a clutch without wings. Newer clutches have wings and no washer. It’s not interchangeable and goes with the specific clutch design.

Depends on the clutch. That washer is for protecting the oiler if the clutch springs break and release the weights on a clutch without wings. Newer clutches have wings and no washer. It’s not interchangeable and goes with the specific clutch design.
I always thought that washer was to keep chips away fron seals and engine. Never thought about the springs letting go. Good info. Thanks

Latest posts

Back