028 AV Super project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

flatsfisher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Heres a link to a common carburetor that shows the impulse passage, and fuel.
excellent diagrams. thanks. in the diagrams it looks like the fuel and impulse circuits are separated. if so, then I should not be losing pressure when I uncap the impulse inlet during a pressure test?
I'd suspect the needle if it does not have a viton seat. Also look at the carb seat well
the new needle actually does have a rubber tip. the rubber tip is silver, and I thought it was steel until I opened the carb and checked it again.

flatsfisher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
ok, this last thing was all me. the carb kit came with several diaphragms, and I had put in the wrong one...changed it out and the pressure test was good without blocking the impulse inlet. took a few pulls as it had been flooded badly from my stupidity, then it started. warmed it up a bit and adjusted all the jets and idle. idles nicely, starts warm on one pull repeatedly. got it to run at 11,827 max rpm with a nice 4 stroke (guess I scrubbed those new rings in :surprised3: ). manual says 12K max.

sorry for driving you guys' nuts. chainsaw newb.

flatsfisher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the chain oiler really puts out on this thing. don't see an oiler adjusting screw. wish my 036 Super put this much oil out.