028 AV Super project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...48aaedbd7fdf184988256e1900114845?OpenDocumentHeres a link to a common carburetor that shows the impulse passage, and fuel.
excellent diagrams. thanks. in the diagrams it looks like the fuel and impulse circuits are separated. if so, then I should not be losing pressure when I uncap the impulse inlet during a pressure test?
I'd suspect the needle if it does not have a viton seat. Also look at the carb seat well
the new needle actually does have a rubber tip. the rubber tip is silver, and I thought it was steel until I opened the carb and checked it again.

ok, this last thing was all me. the carb kit came with several diaphragms, and I had put in the wrong one...changed it out and the pressure test was good without blocking the impulse inlet. took a few pulls as it had been flooded badly from my stupidity, then it started. warmed it up a bit and adjusted all the jets and idle. idles nicely, starts warm on one pull repeatedly. got it to run at 11,827 max rpm with a nice 4 stroke (guess I scrubbed those new rings in :surprised3: ). manual says 12K max.

sorry for driving you guys' nuts. chainsaw newb.

Back