028AV To Easy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenskip1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
So here is the deal. This saw sat for god knows how long. It had a bow saw attached to it. Well I tried starting it but all I could get out of it was a pop. The compression was a solid 165 pounds. So I put a carburetor kit into it and it ran but not very well. I replaced the gas line that had a crack on it. Now the saw starts first pull hot or cold. It starts to darn easy. Thinking that I may have done something inside the carb I pulled it apart again I checked the metering lever that allows gas in from the other side of the carb. It is set just below the sides of the carb. All appears well. Reassembled and the darn saw starts first pull. Running I flipped it over and it still is running well. Oils great also. I let it set thinking that gas might be dribbling into the cylinder. Not a drop. I adjusted the low side until it started to hesitate then backed out about a quarter of a turn. I have never had a saw that acted like this. I am not complaining but this is a new one for me, Ken

The 028 has always sort of amazed me in that they will start easily even when they sit for extended periods. A neighbor on the lake where I have a cottage on needed a chainsaw to replace his tired Poulan Shark. I had a mint 028 just sitting around gathering dust I offered to give him, he was super happy. I had him drop by so we pulled it out, still in its bright orange case, same as it had come to me, been sitting at least 3 years, dumped out the gas that did not even smell bad. Filled it up with fresh mix, nothing else and gave it a pull, started on first pull on choke and I am fast enough to move the lever off choke the saw kept running. I have 5 more of them here that just never get used any more as the 026`s took their place.

Back