034 av question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the right side of the bar rail and sprocket tip leading edges are worn heavily and so is the spur, betting the clutch drum bearing is worn out too. Throw the whole power head away, pm for my address to send for destruction ;):). A new 18" bar wearing .325 chain and new matching sprocket or 16" 3/8 .050 w/sprocket and it should cut like a scalded hog. If you get the updated clutch drum for the bigger bearing you will need to add 1 drive link to the chain to run the 8 pin .325 rim. I would also highly suggest the updated clutch with 1128 shoes/springs and 1125 spider, it holds better in the cut and engages a couple rpm higher.

The chain looks rough to me with the rust and all. 2nd Bar pic, looks suspicious also. Drive sprocket needs replacing. You need to clean it all, and lube it just for starts. That saw needs some TLC, and then treated properly. Like a horse, you ride it hard, put it away wet and hot, you're going to have Vet bill that is going to ruin Christmas.

Back