034 AV SUPER muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Balt

Reaction score
I recently acquired an old 034 AV Super without a muffler on it. Saw is in great shape and fired up after cleaning the carb and sludge out of the tank. It is stamped “Made in West Germany”. I’ve bought a few different mufflers online that claimed to bolt on to this saw but they do not fit. Seeing if anyone knows the part number or where to find the right one. I wish I had the old muffler to compare or post a picture of it, but I do not.

I recently acquired an old 034 AV Super without a muffler on it. Saw is in great shape and fired up after cleaning the carb and sludge out of the tank. It is stamped “Made in West Germany”. I’ve bought a few different mufflers online that claimed to bolt on to this saw but they do not fit. Seeing if anyone knows the part number or where to find the right one. I wish I had the old muffler to compare or post a picture of it, but I do not.

From memory- * before parts number = earlier version?

http://oregonvyhne.sk/domains/7l8j90ep7a/my_files/Vkresy/Stihl_034_IPL.pdf

There’s a metal spacer your gonna need that goes between the muffler and cylinder on the 034. It’s no longer available new so you’ll have to check eBay or maybe someone here has one they’ll part with. I put a 034 muffler on my 036 so the 036 muffler will fit your 034 but you’ll still need that spacer. The 036 and 034 cylinders are different, hence the spacer.

There’s a metal spacer your gonna need that goes between the muffler and cylinder on the 034. It’s no longer available new so you’ll have to check eBay or maybe someone here has one they’ll part with. I put a 034 muffler on my 036 so the 036 muffler will fit your 034 but you’ll still need that spacer. The 036 and 034 cylinders are different, hence the spacer.
That's it, right there. Went through that with my own 034S.

Make sure you use a gasket on either side of the spacer, and factory Stihl screws too. I couldn't get other screws to stop backing out, then a hole would burn in the gaskets.

Back