034 to 036 Pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brettl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've searched and can't find the exact answer I need. I have a 036 and 034, both non-super/pro, both worn. Can I fit a 036 Pro top end to either? I know I can put a 036 top end on the 034 with muffler spacer and plastic trimming, just wondering about the pro. The second half of this is,, will I gain anything with the 036 Pro over the 036 top end? I certainly don't need a decompression valve for a saw this size.. Thank you for any information

Thank you. For some reason I was thinking the 036 and 036 Pro had different sized engines. I don't use the decomp on my 440 so I sure don't need it on the 036. Not having the sticker should help balance the saw.

I've searched and can't find the exact answer I need. I have a 036 and 034, both non-super/pro, both worn. Can I fit a 036 Pro top end to either? I know I can put a 036 top end on the 034 with muffler spacer and plastic trimming, just wondering about the pro. The second half of this is,, will I gain anything with the 036 Pro over the 036 top end? I certainly don't need a decompression valve for a saw this size.. Thank you for any information
For the 034 I would look for a good used OEM 034S (super) P&C.

I'm looking at parts pdfs trying to figure out the part number for the 034 Super piston and cylinder. I see parts endings in 1202 and 1204....
It looks like the Super is the larger diameter 48mm diameter P&C 1125-020-1204. I don't see a 1202 in either of my 034 IPLs. I do see that the 1202 is still available in the 2022 Bryan price list ($257) but it may just be an 036/360 jug since it is still available. I don't know if it will fit on the old 034 chassis.

I doubt that you will find these new. you can post an add on the trading post.

A bit spendy; Isn't it!
Its the only oem kit for sale online and its a discontinued NLA cylinder kit with its current equivalent model being 800+tax. Add another 150 for the remaining needed parts for a full rebuild and you will come in well under the price of a new saw and this version is proven to last 20- 30 years! Im waiting on the mail to bring parts for one of these saws right now, cylinder/piston parts are very hard to come by used in good shape for these saws. Yea you can get a decent aftermarket setup for under 150 but its not even close to oem performance or plating esp being its a 034 super with the best ports/timing. These saws last and last and are powerful for heir size, I loved mine enough to build a second one and if i find a 3rd i'll build it too :D

I've been looking at that one on ebay. On the 034 parts diagram I downloaded, 1204 is the 48mm, so this one on eBay may be the 034 Super. Pricey but tempting. Besides the fact that the 362 is over $800 as mentioned above, it has the electronic carb which I definitely don't want!

Its the only oem kit for sale online and its a discontinued NLA cylinder kit with its current equivalent model being 800+tax. Add another 150 for the remaining needed parts for a full rebuild and you will come in well under the price of a new saw and this version is proven to last 20- 30 years! Im waiting on the mail to bring parts for one of these saws right now, cylinder/piston parts are very hard to come by used in good shape for these saws. Yea you can get a decent aftermarket setup for under 150 but its not even close to oem performance or plating esp being its a 034 super with the best ports/timing. These saws last and last and are powerful for heir size, I loved mine enough to build a second one and if i find a 3rd i'll build it too :D
It seems most saw nuts are also cheap azz bastards...

I've been looking at that one on ebay. On the 034 parts diagram I downloaded, 1204 is the 48mm, so this one on eBay may be the 034 Super. Pricey but tempting. Besides the fact that the 362 is over $800 as mentioned above, it has the electronic carb which I definitely don't want!
You can still get a 361 for that price and it's a better saw than either a 034/036/360 or a 362.

You can still get a 361 for that price and it's a better saw than either a 034/036/360 or a 362.
I've asked my local dealers and they say they can only get the 362 with the electronic carb. I definitely don't want anything with an electronic carb

just get a meteor kit for 130 bucks, gasket, seal, and bearing kit 30 bucks and rebuild it and go back to work for under 200 bucks. Or source a used 034 piston and cylinder, they are pretty cheap used. 800+ for a new saw vs 2-300 to rebuild what you have.

just get a meteor kit for 130 bucks, gasket, seal, and bearing kit 30 bucks and rebuild it and go back to work for under 200 bucks. Or source a used 034 piston and cylinder, they are pretty cheap used. 800+ for a new saw vs 2-300 to rebuild what you have.
Of your going to the trouble of rebuilding it go OEM IMO.

Back