• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deveris

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I recently found a 034av super in pieces out in my late grandfather’s machine shed in a box. The serial number on this saw is 223117556. Upon inspection of the crankcase I found it was cracked on the bottom on both halves. So I ordered a used replacement 034av crankcase off EBay. The serial number on this one is 115424199 so far upon reassembly everything matches right up except for the clutch brake cover. The one off the saw I have does not fit the new crankcase and I can’t seem to find one that actually matches this new crankcase. This has me wondering if my new case is a different model ,but I have no way of running the sn# and being it was just a case I have no pn# identifier. If someone knows how to decode the serial number to determine model that would be awesome.

The cases have a series number on both case halves. They will be on the underside of the cases. Just turn it over and look . Never seen an OEM that didnt have numbers.
The number I found on the clutch side of the crankcase is 1125 020 2900

The number I found on the clutch side of the crankcase is 1125 020 2900
The number on the new case clutch side is 1125 020 2901 so the only major difference i can see is the actual clutch brake cover the old does not fit the new but I can’t seem to find the correct one either the cover I have is 1125 021 1101

That doesnt make sense. The clutch covers are basically universal for that series. If the old one was a 034S then a 034s, 034, 036 clutch cover should work. I dont know about the 036 QS. Do you have a pic of what your talking about?

Back