• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 038 Mag - Complete Rebuild with NOS/OEM Parts, Powder coated, Full Wrap, Triple Port Muffler, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well damn, maybe I shoulda bought the like-new looking 038 Mag II with the full wrap and original paperwork that was up on my local CL for $550.
I have a like new Pro Mac 700 ,I know what I paid for it, and its worth alot more .
It's good to keep a lityle kiddy of spending money when opportunities arise.

Well damn, maybe I shoulda bought the like-new looking 038 Mag II with the full wrap and original paperwork that was up on my local CL for $550.
i had a clean .....use version i sold local for $850 that was 5 years ago ............this one is mint...so yes these are nice saws the wrap handles are hard to find ...

Oversea's version of the 038 magnum. not sold in lower 48 usa not sure... you are ...Aware ... and you could be a dumb ass..is this true ? ....keep in mind i said could be depending on the next comment from you
You may want to keep your insulting remarks to yourself until you research your "Last Word In Stihl History"!
MS 380 =D009 mount IIRC!

Stihl used the large Husky bar mount thru multiple model #'s.
Google is your friend.

Or just ask r black, he is the be all, end all when it comes to Stihl.
So stihl produces a saw that they don't sell a bar for? Is this something recent? As far as I know, stihl doesn't make a d009 pattern bar.
Maybe only for the chicom market or something?
Do they come from the factory with husqvarna or aftermarket bars?
That would be very un-stihl like...

And what are some other examples of these multiple other models, google was not my friend there, not at all...
Inquiring minds want to know!
I have probably 60-80 stihl saws and every single one uses one of three different stihl bar patterns, none of which are d009 or equivalent.
I must have some major gaps in the lineup...

You may want to keep your insulting remarks to yourself until you research your "Last Word In Stihl History"!
MS 380 =D009 mount IIRC!
no i stand by it ....your a dumb ass ... you mock threads of good people this one a military vet...your vast knowledge of bar mounts that have nothing to do with a 038 mag is astounding ..go back to ..the..Arkansas rock you crawled out of ....

no i stand by it ....your a dumb ass ... you mock threads of good people this one a military vet...your vast knowledge of bar mounts that have nothing to do with a 038 mag is astounding ..go back to ..the..Arkansas rock you crawled out of ....

Not trying to get in a pissing match here, but you are correct.
Stihl has NEVER released a saw with a D009 bar mount stud.
Could someone change the studs to a smaller diameter? Sure . But stihl through out the history of the company has never done that.

Not trying to get in a pissing match here, but you are correct.
Stihl has NEVER released a saw with a D009 bar mount stud.
Could someone change the studs to a smaller diameter? Sure . But stihl through out the history of the company has never done that.
all good...i am not ...trying also ... don't know of any myself ..and i am not sure... maybe the Chinese covid bastards made a clone ..but i know nothing of the "ms380 saw " ....bump to the top ...these saws are a bit heavy, but have torque for days ..i believe these were the best saw in this cc class before the 044 came out for stihl...

Stihl used the large Husky bar mount thru multiple model #'s.
Google is your friend.

Or just ask r black, he is the be all, end all when it comes to Stihl.
google sometimes.... is not your friend...my friend ........ and i am only just slightly smarter than you ..but that gets me a larger rock to crawl under ... :confused:

Back