• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell 038 Mag - Complete Rebuild with NOS/OEM Parts, Powder coated, Full Wrap, Triple Port Muffler, etc.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i stand by it ....your a dumb ass ... you mock threads of good people this one a military vet...your vast knowledge of bar mounts that have nothing to do with a 038 mag is astounding ..go back to ..the..Arkansas rock you crawled out of ....
You should be proud of that post.

Your right, I thought the really old ones did use that mount?
I was wrong.

You need to get a grip with your insults.
Your the redneck in this conversation.
If anyone is acting like a hillbilly, its YOU!

You should be proud of that post.

Your right, I thought the really old ones did use that mount?
I was wrong.

You need to get a grip with your insults.
Your the redneck in this conversation.
If anyone is acting like a hillbilly, its YOU!
if you say so ...

your pm to me post below :
I was wrong, I thought the really old Stihls used a D009 mount.
I was wrong.

I'm not the stupid Arkansas hillbilly stereotype.
I was wrong & I admit it.
I'm sorry if I belittled you...
I definitely should not have.
Arkansas is not all just rocks to climb under. Lol
Not all here are dumbass'.

ALL GOOD .... i give you my apologies , just a heads up you may want to stop the posts..... on how you don't need/want/like ...or whatever.... the item's op is selling... ...just trying to help, if your going to hang out here ....

if you say so ...

your pm to me post below :
I was wrong, I thought the really old Stihls used a D009 mount.
I was wrong.

I'm not the stupid Arkansas hillbilly stereotype.
I was wrong & I admit it.
I'm sorry if I belittled you...
I definitely should not have.
Arkansas is not all just rocks to climb under. Lol
Not all here are dumbass'.

ALL GOOD .... i give you my apologies , just a heads up you may want to stop the posts..... on how you don't need/want/like ...or whatever.... the item's op is selling... ...just trying to help, if your going to hang out here ....
Gotcha.
Thanks for not responding to my PM...

Thanks for posting my apologies on this thread.
Your a class act!

Noted.

Well, it's over now and at US $1,475.00 plus shipping I think that's about the most expensive 038 I have ever seen

I got mine for free from a logger friend in the mid 1990s. It was filthy and didn't run as carb and recoil were full of sawdust/debris.

I cleaned it up and it ran so well I got it a new ES bar, rim, and RS chain.

Since then : air filter, fuel line, AV buffers, spark plugs, tank vent hose, more chains/rims, recoil rope.

The Bing carb still has original parts inside but I've been in there a couple times to clean it. Took about 10 pulls to start/prime carb this fall after sitting since early spring. All the other rubber, seals and internals are still OEM. It's never had E10 or MTBE gas.

It's ugly but still does it's job well. I cut up a 28" dbh ash with it last week.

Damm those are well made saws!

I got mine for free from a logger friend in the mid 1990s. It was filthy and didn't run as carb and recoil were full of sawdust/debris.

I cleaned it up and it ran so well I got it a new ES bar, rim, and RS chain.

Since then : air filter, fuel line, AV buffers, spark plugs, tank vent hose, more chains/rims, recoil rope.

The Bing carb still has original parts inside but I've been in there a couple times to clean it. Took about 10 pulls to start/prime carb this fall after sitting since early spring. All the other rubber, seals and internals are still OEM. It's never had E10 or MTBE gas.

It's ugly but still does it's job well. I cut up a 28" dbh ash with it last week.

Damm those are well made saws!

That sounds about like my 044 -- ugly, but mechanically very good. I decided to keep it instead of the 038 Mag, which ended up being too darn nice for me to want to use and abuse.

Latest posts

Back