038 Super tank vent

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

made_of_stihl

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Just bought a new tank vent with little grub screws. I think I got it on sawagain.com, and was listed as an OEM part. I’ve got the carb off, but fuel is coming up out of the vent line when I rock the saw back and forth. Is that normal? What would cause this?

Just bought a new tank vent with little grub screws. I think I got it on sawagain.com, and was listed as an OEM part. I’ve got the carb off, but fuel is coming up out of the vent line when I rock the saw back and forth. Is that normal? What would cause this?
Switch it to a hose and duckbill can.
Way better and no drips felling or climbing.

That style of vent (which is OEM) will allow some fuel to leak out, especially with a full tank. You can use a Echo tank vent and a short piece of hose.

Neither normal or good.

I would post a pic of the installed vent.

Roy
sorry it took me so long to get back to you guys. Thanks for the replies. They actually sent me a new one. Here’s a few pics of the new one installed. I’m just waiting on a new coil. Not sure where to get one. Any ideas?709F5138-B74C-4F1F-A6ED-5471A617543E.jpeg1C369F5C-36E1-4992-8706-C3399F71D91D.jpeg9D050581-8161-4E9C-80EF-6D2CAB70A414.jpeg

Latest posts

Back