041 Super cylinder studs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bret4207

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After years of searching I finally found a NOS 041 cylinder and piston. This requires 4 studs instead of the caps screws on the standard 041, part# 0000 953 0816 . Anyone have a source for these?

Stihl part number is 0000 953 0816. Dena in North California has them . See eb*y item 331954834790, has a lot but they're pricey.

There are 3 sellers on eb*y offering these OEM 041 studs. 90 Meter Motors in Wisconsin is cheapest: use eb*y advanced search with this item number 232222942646.

To be clear, the two item numbers I've given are not part numbers. Item numbers locate the eb*y sales pages.

These OEM studs are not the same as you would get in a hardware store. And hardware store parts wouldn't be the same as OEM.

I went to
I would if I knew the size/thread/length and could find something that would work. Do you have that info? My local hardware is a bit scant on metric stuff.
I went to the wrecking yard and found many. The yards in California do not allow parts in but you can take pictures and measurements so it seems pretty easy. Take some nuts in so you can double check threads. Most likely they will need to be trimmed or shortened. Most Japanese imports are of high quality and it is cheap. Thanks

Back