044 air leak - oil pump bushing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it passes a p/v test I don't think the seals are faulty. Have you checked to see where the fuel line sits in the tank? If it's sitting on the fw side you could be starving the saw for fuel when you tilt it.

Good point I’ll double check , i remember there’s a little tab or locating pin it lines up with in the air box area , but again aftermarket fuel line , I didn’t give it much thought its what I had so Installed it was

I have a similar problem with an 044.
Holds press/vac all day.
Sit it on the ground idles good.
Pick it up and idle creeps up and chain starts to spin.
Put bar in vice and pulled the s*$t out of the AVs with saw running-no idle change.
To me it's like something is vibrating in the carb.

If the crank seal was leaking its rpm would rise before shutting off, remove the fuel cap and see if the filter is getting stuck in a corner of the tank out of the fuel supply. Also suggest checking the coil bolts the kill wire routing and plug wire for chaffing. I have seen lots of internally failed spark plugs that simply stop firing once heated up.

I have a similar problem with an 044.
Holds press/vac all day.
Sit it on the ground idles good.
Pick it up and idle creeps up and chain starts to spin.
Put bar in vice and pulled the s*$t out of the AVs with saw running-no idle change.
To me it's like something is vibrating in the carb.
Fuel can puddle in the intake boot and lower transfers at idle. Usually the saw will go down in rpm when you pick it up off the ground if that’s happening, though. Might still be what’s causing it

I gotcha , yeah they went in nice and square, hear some guys really complain about some of this aftermarket that’s it’s junk , the seals looked good to me
For the most part, aftermarket cylinders, worm gears, brake bits, most cranks and bearings, and fuel/impulse lines won’t last

Back