046 opinions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some progress. Took all apart, doesn’t have the D shaped chamber. It is an oem Mahle jug. It’s stamped on the pto or fw side. I can’t see since it’s bolted up. Cylinder was clean, i polished it anyway with some 400, then a scotch brite. The position marks were there but I couldn’t feel them. I polished them out with some light oil on the pad. The ex port had heavy carbon buildup, removed that. Still waiting on carb kit, drum and muffler cover. 43D58F2F-81ED-41D2-8F19-FF7E07530006.jpeg15A65153-B6DA-4292-8C65-09F50AC85961.jpegDBAC6901-E985-48E0-9B5F-24DDDEEB507D.jpeg

I've just fixed up a well used MS460 with a mew meteor piston and cylinder. It runs great now, and no complaints about meteor.

There may be differences between the 046 and ms460 flywheel, check the part# on the flywheel and the magnet strength. If they kissed/rubbed or somehow got hot they can loose magnetism strength. ms460 has the plastic flywheel and the older 046 had the aluminum version creating the possibility of different coils between the two and they might not play together.

There may be differences between the 046 and ms460 flywheel, check the part# on the flywheel and the magnet strength. If they kissed/rubbed or somehow got hot they can loose magnetism strength. ms460 has the plastic flywheel and the older 046 had the aluminum version creating the possibility of different coils between the two and they might not play together.
This saw has the plastic fan. It does have spark. I was wrong.

Def should sound hoss when u get it running, those 460 slugs getting harder to find, 77 cc of badass, that cylinder cleaned up smooth

046 never came with a aluminum flywheel. 046 has always had a poly flywheel.

Fun fact, 046, 460, 461 all use the same flywheel, part # 1128 400 1211

Latest posts

Back