050 051 075 076 Info Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tore down my 075 tonight and received an interesting surprise! The piston in it looks way different than than the replacement I have! The old piston has big, rectangular lower ports and the new piston has rounded lower ports. Also, the old piston (and the new cylinder) have two ++ on them. In Mahle-land that means ”Super” p/c, does the same hold true for KS? Should I “port match” the new piston to the old ones’ specs? Any advice would be appreciated.
CF3BBF30-A7F5-44D0-935A-B2EDF1BD62ED.jpeg4E0AD035-FC38-4330-88AD-3CA3B1635457.jpeg

You could, but why? Stihl says you should use new pistons in new cylinders for optimum tolerance matching/performance and longevity -- not to mention to accommodate any subtle design differences not reflected by a part number update -- which occurred in several instances during the 1111 and 1115 era. Out of curiosity, are the cylinder transfers the same in both cylinders?

And on the chain adjuster -- looks like it may be easier said than done unless the case half is originally for a chain saw to begin with or you have the appropriate tools for the job. You'd hafta drill into the case the entire length of an adjuster bolt and then route out a channel for the adjuster itself. Not impossible, but would take some effort and patience -- and enough magnesium to make it happen. Could well be hollow under the surface just for weight reduction alone, On the other hand, could be solid for additional strength in the cutoff saw application. One way to find out. Or maybe someone will chime in who's already tried it -- successfully or otherwise.

The porting in both cylinders looks to be the same, but I'm not sure. Just to clarify, both cylinders are "good used" models, I just refer to the one on the saw as the "old" one and the one I bought as the "new "one. Both cylinders are KS with the same number, the only difference is the "old" one has an A at the end of the numbers while the "new" one has an E at the end and a + on each side of the KS logo.

70dfa92c7ae174c6c23850ee8dffdc88.jpg

can any of y’all help me track down a new rear handle/engine cover and an exhaust where the port is at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here’s a close up [mention]Woodslasher [/mention] the saw is also seized got it off of ebay for 185 including shipping
b5fe5f7d6c28c45db1b345b0366c0840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't touched most of my 1111 stuff in a while, so I figured I'd pull everything off the shelf to remind myself what I have. It was kind of like Christmas in February; I have a lot of stuff that I forgot that I had! I have three complete running saws (two 075's and an 076S, but one isn't pictured) and four saws that are disassembled and boxed. One of the disassembled saws is an 051 that I'll convert using an 075 jug/bolts and gas tank. I think I also have two TS760's, but the earlier ones that you can easily convert.

Plan is to rebuild them one at a time - rings, jugs and pistons if they need it, carb rebuilds, etc. I'll also split the cases, check crank bearings, and install new crank seals. Have a bunch of 3002 bars for them as well.

Anyway, a few questions -- has anyone ported one of these beasts? What about a base gasket delete? I've never checked the squish, so I'm not sure how much room you have. I'm also thinking of advancing the ignition timing. Almost forgot -- there doesn't appear to be an easy way to modify the muffler, other than maybe open up the port a bit.

IMG_5027.jpg

Looks like you can find affordable gasket kits (and a lot of other stuff) here - https://shop.saegenspezi.de/spare-parts/Stihl/075-AV-076-AV I've bought from them before; nice stuff. Apparently they use the same manufacturers for their parts that Stihl used, but without the Stihl brand (or markup).

What I'm having a hard time finding - the full wrap hardware and the AV rubber that goes with it. Trying to convert all of mine to full wrap but these parts aren't easy to find -- the handlebar support is 1111 791 1907 and the AV rubber is 1111 799 0500. Anyone have a good source for these bits?

Hi guys, does anyone know if the threaded rods that hold the cylinder in place on the 076 super are standard coarse m6 or is it a Stihl proprietary thread pitch? I hate this setup because this threaded rod doesn’t have a shoulder so you torque it down and the rod damages the thread in the case halves.. looking for an alternative solution in future saws. I should have measured it earlier but totally forgot.
I loctite them in at 8nm then when I installed the cylinder 1 of the 4 nuts although did torque to 8nm I found that the rod and nut always twisted about 1/32 - 1/64 of a turn more each time I went back to it. It was just digging into the threads of the case half. It’s fine and only a minor poont, but if I ever replace rings again and a rod comes out with the bolt, I can just see that the cylinder threads will just get more and more chewed up without a shoulder on the rod… I’d like to just use a normal short, m6 bolt and forget about the whole rod concept…

14711665-3BA9-4383-8D12-A62B71C68313.jpeg

Well, I put it all together. Works great. New P + C, I believe. It was used by the railroad to cut rails, That eats up the paint, but maybe not so much on the innards. I see the lugs for a brake handle on there. Anyone convert one of these over to a chainsaw? I think it would make a nice big logger. What do you guys think? If it doesn't hurt the oil pump to run when empty, it could be converted back and forth like the old 08S multipurpose saws.

View attachment 358436 View attachment 358437
I ended up getting this saw and a 076 with a bit of mag rot earlier this summer and made a chainsaw out of it. Teacherman (John) did a great job of compiling most of the parts I needed. I did purchase an oem gasket set and seals, a nos oil control lever, new crank bearings,, and oem air filter. John had sourced new av rubbers, Caber rings, and a few other odds and ends. Saw runs great. I just gotta figure out what I want for a bar on it.
20210811_193118.jpg20210811_193139.jpg20210811_204624.jpg20210822_232300.jpg20210824_224447.jpg20210823_212424.jpg20210824_224511.jpg

I ended up getting this saw and a 076 with a bit of mag rot earlier this summer and made a chainsaw out of it. Teacherman (John) did a great job of compiling most of the parts I needed. I did purchase an oem gasket set and seals, a nos oil control lever, new crank bearings,, and oem air filter. John had sourced new av rubbers, Caber rings, and a few other odds and ends. Saw runs great. I just gotta figure out what I want for a bar on it.
View attachment 930235View attachment 930236View attachment 930237View attachment 930238View attachment 930239View attachment 930240View attachment 930241
looks really good mate. A job well done

Back