• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 056 Magnum Top End (Used)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spend a buck and buy a quality tool. Your best decision is to go with precision.
Starrett or Brown and Sharpe dial type +/- 0.001"

The old vernier style are as accurate and can be found cheap, as most people today don't know how to use them.

They want something digital that needs a battery..........and will crap out if it gets wet.

1 starrett.png

Have an 056 Magnum top end from a parts saw I bought for the carb and coil. Included are the pin, circlips, and needle bearing. Only have 3/4 cylinder bolts, but if the fourth one shows itself, it'll be included.

Some carbon but not bad. The little section I scratched off on the exhaust window came off easily. No real scoring on the cylinder. 34mm exhaust window.

Piston is in decent shape, but a few flaws. Some light carbon buildup on the edges, with the dome having a thin but solid layer. Rings seem good. Note the mark above the circlip-groove and below the lower ring-gap.

View attachment 1020783

Haven't inspected the bearings in the case to see if something let loose and made the mark, but there is no corresponding mark in the cylinder I can find. Might be a factory flaw.

I have done zero cleaning to this other than blowing some of the crud off with air.

Asking $130 shipped in the 48 states.

Photos to come

Back