• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 056 Magnum Top End (Used)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumBurner

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Have an 056 Magnum top end from a parts saw I bought for the carb and coil. Included are the pin, circlips, and needle bearing. Only have 3/4 cylinder bolts, but if the fourth one shows itself, it'll be included.

Some carbon but not bad. The little section I scratched off on the exhaust window came off easily. No real scoring on the cylinder. 34mm exhaust window.

Piston is in decent shape, but a few flaws. Some light carbon buildup on the edges, with the dome having a thin but solid layer. Rings seem good. Note the mark above the circlip-groove and below the lower ring-gap.

20220921_090455.jpg

Haven't inspected the bearings in the case to see if something let loose and made the mark, but there is no corresponding mark in the cylinder I can find. Might be a factory flaw.

I have done zero cleaning to this other than blowing some of the crud off with air.

Asking $130 shipped in the 48 states.

Photos to come

Tough to say from here.
Mag2 was 56mm.
Mag was 54mm
Standard was 52
056 52mm

056S 54mm

056M 56mm
Checked it with the calipers and it comes in at 55.

So it's either wear or the calipers being off 1mm.

Cheapy caliper is my guess. They should be more accurate than 0.5mm/0.020"

Pistons (unworn) will have 0.005+ taper towards the top. Measure at the skirt.

Latest posts

Back