• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy 056 super p&c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ihittreesalot

Reaction score
Hey all, new to the forum or forumns in general but looking for some help. Besides reading every single article or review I could google, I have bought ever am piston and cylinder I could find and I don't feel comfortable using any of them as the casting sucks and poor timing numbers. The weight difference between the "mahle" and the "lilredbarn" or "proline" top end kit was troubling. I have a good usable mahle 54mm cylinder but the piston is not usable. I'm looking for information for adequate aftermarket p&c or a mahle 54mm piston or stihl/mahle 045 056 super top end. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Welcome to AS Mr. tree hitter lol.
Personally I wouldn't buy anything from Little Red Barn even if it was a brand new OEM cylinder, they won't get another cent of my money ;).
Good luck on the search.

@pioneerguy600 this might get a bit more action in the parts thread.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything from Little Red Barn even if it was a brand new OEM cylinder, they won't get another cent of my money ;).
Good luck on the search.

Isn't the Lil barn you are building going to be red?

Good luck on the search.

Why is that, Re the retailer L.R.B.? Don't think I've ordered from them yet but had been eyeing their 056 56mm piston (beautiful domed crown) but still waiting to find for sure that it does/does not fit the 660 connecting-rod (I'm trying to find any other 56mm windowed piston, pretty much any should have longer skirts than the big bore 660 skirts, they're 73thou shorter than OEM and you can fix what that does to intake timing but you're on this razor's-edge trying to balance squish & freeport-protection, actually I'd LOVE if anyone's got some "minimum safe distance til-freeport" for a proper setup, kinda like wanting 2mm overlap of piston skirts on sides of ports, have been unable to find how much overlap-before-freeport is considered the safe-minimum!)

I was contemplating fitting this to one of my 666's if it turned-out that it would mount-up but honestly I'm just not looking to use 54mm bore anything on my 660's so wanted to share the link here, maybe I'm crazy but isn't this price a steal? If it were 56mm I'd be all over this thing, center-mounted spark plug, no decomp-hole, nice big cooling fin on-top, transfers look nice (and it's OEM w/ good plating just needs cleanup) for <$50, link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/2655965592...NepVwnS9hd_t4riiR1g4pWCRO5YjcbgRoCH54QAvD_BwE

Back