056av super performance mods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
invest in a 056 MAGNUM II ????
Gasket delete and not much more benefit with a muff mod... If you are working 180 compression I would forget the delete if not check rings and do a ?reseat?with fresh cabers.. Supers have a lot of Umpthhh good luck I will watch this thread for beneficial info...

Thanks guys appreciate the help yes for milling scallywag I just want to get through it a little quicker.. also what chain do you guys recommend I'm running a semi skip at the moment. Im really struggling to find the magnum 2 kit or saw itself or anything in comparison that's why I was curious if i could swap parts from other saws?

Thanks guys appreciate the help yes for milling scallywag I just want to get through it a little quicker.. also what chain do you guys recommend I'm running a semi skip at the moment. Im really struggling to find the magnum 2 kit or saw itself or anything in comparison that's why I was curious if i could swap parts from other saws?
Magnum cylinders do not interchange with the supers and smaller. If yours is a Super ,, does it have the dual port muffler? and longer spikes to keep the exhaust heat clear(er) of the muffler and so on???

Magnum cylinders do not interchange with the supers and smaller. If yours is a Super ,, does it have the dual port muffler? and longer spikes to keep the exhaust heat clear(er) of the muffler and so on???
Dammit thanks TRTermite thats what I was dreading and no it doesn't have the dual port on it but what I have done is drilled 10 5mm holes in the top area of the exhaust and she seems to be alot happier and no normal spikes aswel :(

ive been getting told i can slot the holes in a magnum2 cylinder to line up with the smaller bolt pattern on my super cases, seems like a plausible thing and then BAM, its a magnum2 more or less, also a mod i just read about is as follows, coppied from the forum page i read it on-

"
At the end of 056 Super production and before 056 Mag2 production ,Stihl was sending us dealers kits to convert Supers into "056 Magnums". The kit consisted of a high flow air filter and carb cover,a 056 Magnum badge,and instructions to alter(advance) the Super's ignition timing. The timing advance really made the saws run a lot stronger,even to the point they started blowing the wrist pin bearings apart for the first time on odd occasions,to which Stihl started making the bronze-coated bearings you see today,which cured the problem.
To perform the mod remove the flywheel,then loosen the stator plate screws. Now rotate the stator plate clockwise,until the washers under the stator screws just line up with the end of the stator slots,then tighten them down. It's just that easy and the saws run much harder,and had no failures.

seems interesting and i will be digging into a parts saw to see if it makes sense, before playing with a runner

ive been getting told i can slot the holes in a magnum2 cylinder to line up with the smaller bolt pattern on my super cases, seems like a plausible thing and then BAM, its a magnum2 more or less, also a mod i just read about is as follows, coppied from the forum page i read it on-

"
At the end of 056 Super production and before 056 Mag2 production ,Stihl was sending us dealers kits to convert Supers into "056 Magnums". The kit consisted of a high flow air filter and carb cover,a 056 Magnum badge,and instructions to alter(advance) the Super's ignition timing. The timing advance really made the saws run a lot stronger,even to the point they started blowing the wrist pin bearings apart for the first time on odd occasions,to which Stihl started making the bronze-coated bearings you see today,which cured the problem.
To perform the mod remove the flywheel,then loosen the stator plate screws. Now rotate the stator plate clockwise,until the washers under the stator screws just line up with the end of the stator slots,then tighten them down. It's just that easy and the saws run much harder,and had no failures.

seems interesting and i will be digging into a parts saw to see if it makes sense, before playing with a runner
We’re you ever able to find out if this is true? Would love to put a mag cylinder on mine.

Latest posts

Back