• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 066-in-a-box Project w/ OEM rebuild parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

computeruser

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have an interesting box-o-066 that I bought last year and never got around to doing anything with. I have finally accepted that I'm not ever going to get around to doing anything with it. So it is time to take a loss and send it on to a new home.

Per the guy I bought it from off the other site with the acronym name, the box-o-066 consists of a torn down flat top/decomp 066 that developed an air leak, but also includes new bearings, seals, gaskets, piston all oem from dealer, which by my math is worth a bit over $100 at retail. Cylinder looks good and is a decomp cylinder. Crankcase will obviously need to be split to do the bearings, gaskets, etc., and everything will benefit from getting a bath. Missing recoil, handle, a few brake parts, and some air filter parts. Plastic is ugly. I took a couple pics of the cylinder, but if you need more pics of the parts, let me know and I can text them to you tomorrow, though honestly the parts are just a couple bags of screws, a bag of bushings and bushing plugs, a box with a flywheel in it, a coil, a dissembled tank/handle, etc., and I have not done a full inventory of what is there. However, I was told when I bought it and it appears to me now that you are getting a substantially complete 066 that was a runner before it developed an air leak for what I think is a fair price, particularly considering it comes with a bunch of OEM rebuild parts. I would guess you could get the whole thing up and running for around $300-ish and a bit of your time if you have access to used parts to make up what is missing.

I am asking $215 shipped, PayPal gift.

IMG_7155.JPG IMG_7156.JPG

Back