Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haRudy

Reaction score
I have a 070 chinese clone for milling slabs. The tension screw has been giving me trouble due to its location just inside the bar. The metal is also cheap and the screw keeps striping no matter how many times I take it out and regrind it. I am wondering if anyone has ever tried to modify a saw to accept a side tensioner (specifically a chinese 070 clone) with any success. I assumed I can drill out a hole to accept the L shape of the side tensioners but am wondering if there would be any plastic parts needed to hold it in place in order for the threads to line up correctly. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Very easy fix. I am away from my shop right now so can not send out any pictures. The adjustment screw is metric so need to stay with the I think a 6mm screw. Instead of the slotted screw use a bolt either with a 8mm or 10mm head. I use a bolt with a 8mm head and a washer cast in the bolt. The other end is fused at the end so it does not come out. I just crimped it with some heavy duty vice grips. That has worked for me. I am sure there are some other options. The bolt I used was a high quality item that has worked very well. Thanks

I think i understand. Are you suggesting just swapping the flat head screw with a hex head bolt for better grip and keeping the position where it is? Or did you convert your tensioner from a front facing tensioner to a side screw that is more accessible? Thanks so much for the help!

Rudy I think you will be very happy with just the changing of the adjustment screw for a bolt. To convert the adjuster to some of the newer saw style will be much more effort that is not needed. A eight mm socket can be brazed or welded to a rod for easy access to the adjuster. I do not like to access the adjuster with a screw driver and the wrench concept was not too troublesome. Thanks

Latest posts

Back