075 questions/manual advice? (as in, looking for pdf of manual)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowbeard

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I posted this video in another thread related to milling some walnut, but I wanted to post it here are well to see if anyone's ears could pick up anything.

Milling Walnut - First Cut - YouTube

Took my 075 out for a test mill today for the first time and it got REALLY hot. The frame seemed quite a bit hotter than I would have expected. I have another old Stihl with a magnesium body and it never gets this hot. Not sure why, and, frankly, I don't know enough about this saw to be able to diagnose. I am fairly mechanically inclined and can do some work on the saw if necessary, but need help from someone who knows their way around the saw.

Can anyone send me a pdf of the manual? That would be a great place to start, probably. I'll take anything anyone has on the saw so I can start reading up.

Was running at 50:1. Whoops. Only ran about 3/4 of a tank through it - hope that hasn't ruined it.

Think I may have been running lean, frankly.

Thanks in advance.

I posted this video in another thread related to milling some walnut, but I wanted to post it here are well to see if anyone's ears could pick up anything.

Milling Walnut - First Cut - YouTube

Took my 075 out for a test mill today for the first time and it got REALLY hot. The frame seemed quite a bit hotter than I would have expected. I have another old Stihl with a magnesium body and it never gets this hot. Not sure why, and, frankly, I don't know enough about this saw to be able to diagnose. I am fairly mechanically inclined and can do some work on the saw if necessary, but need help from someone who knows their way around the saw.

Can anyone send me a pdf of the manual? That would be a great place to start, probably. I'll take anything anyone has on the saw so I can start reading up.

Was running at 50:1. Whoops. Only ran about 3/4 of a tank through it - hope that hasn't ruined it.

Think I may have been running lean, frankly.

Thanks in advance.

Whoops - link: Milling Walnut - First Cut - YouTube

It does sound a little like a high idle. Could be running lean. Richen it up and give it a good tune.

It wouldn't hurt to run 40:1 on a milling saw for the extra protection during long cuts.

For the manual, post in the Beg for Manuals thread.

I heard there was a "beg for manuals" thread, but I didn't see it and so wasn't sure it still existed. Sorry for posting in wrong place and thanks to my secret benefactor ;) for helping out.

I heard there was a "beg for manuals" thread, but I didn't see it and so wasn't sure it still existed.

At the top of the Chainsaw forum board is Chainsaw Stickies. Manuals is the first thread in there.

Got manual and carb manual thanks to some nice folks on the thread.

Adjusted the screws to factory, put the right mix in (40:1) and she fired right up and sounded brilliant.

Thanks for the help!

Back