Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabianRW

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have an 076 chainsaw, been thinking for a while now it'd be so much better with a ts760 air filter and cover (same frame/chassis).

Basically the cut off saw ts760 has a raised filter cover and decent paper filter with outer and inner pre and post filters, that's a three stage filter before it gets to the carb, that is excellent. I bought a used ts510 air cover which is identical except for the label apparently, I'm hoping it'll bolt straight on like the 076 filter cover, needs a longer threaded stub, I may try all 3x filter stages but probably only need the outer 2X.

I'm using the 076 for milling and it cuts out in very damp weather. The filter gets clogged up fairly quick and it loses some power/efficiency/rpm.
I am not trying to get more power from it, I rebuilt it and it's a good saw.

Anyone ever done this? Thoughts? Am I being stupid or is it a good idea for what I'm doing? Someone tell me I'm not going to just ruin the saw. From my basic knowledge it cannot damage it adding a larger finer filter, why isn't everyone doing it? 😆

Yes. Works well for 050, 051, 075 and 076 saws. Of course so an HL carb...
Thanks very much. It's just arrived, seems to fit okay but I can't work out where the air gets in, does it come in all the way around unlike the chainsaw filter cover?

(Update: ah okay I need more parts and it's not just a simple switcheroo, time to get the wallet out again...)

Back