076 Super 7 or 8 tooth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I want a new 41” bar for my 076 super. It’s only got a hammered old 25” at the moment.

The saw currently has an 8 tooth .404 spur sprocket on at and I’m thinking it’s probably better to drop to a 7 tooth with a 41” in .404.

Thoughts and advice much appreciated.

I would say it mostly depends on where you are cutting and what. Most likely you are going to be cutting harder woods so go with the 7 tooth. It will allow you to go longer with out sharpening. If you do much work with the saw then keep a shorter bar around because you will find that it takes much power and torque to run your longer bar. Thanks

I would say it mostly depends on where you are cutting and what. Most likely you are going to be cutting harder woods so go with the 7 tooth. It will allow you to go longer with out sharpening. If you do much work with the saw then keep a shorter bar around because you will find that it takes much power and torque to run your longer bar. Thanks
Thanks Ted. Quite honestly, I can’t see myself using this saw with the 25” on, I’d grab my 034 Super with 20” whenever possible.

Latest posts

Back