084 needs carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave1960_Gorge

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an 80's era Stihl 084 that I have had for a while (bought it used from a logger I know). Had a new top end and jug put in about a year ago; used it occasionally since then. Last weekend I was cutting some large cedars and it crapped out. The shop says a part in the carb is failing, causing an air leak, and they can't locate new parts; suggested I find a used carb somewhere. I will get a description of what they found when I pick up the saw.

So, anyone know where to find a used carb or carb parts for the saw? What info would you need, like serial numbers and such?

I have an 80's era Stihl 084 that I have had for a while (bought it used from a logger I know). Had a new top end and jug put in about a year ago; used it occasionally since then. Last weekend I was cutting some large cedars and it crapped out. The shop says a part in the carb is failing, causing an air leak, and they can't locate new parts; suggested I find a used carb somewhere. I will get a description of what they found when I pick up the saw.

So, anyone know where to find a used carb or carb parts for the saw? What info would you need, like serial numbers and such?
I just bought an about 1986 model end of last year. The shop I got it from put a new different model carb on it. I’ll go take a few pics for you.

You can update your carb or get a new one from Tilly if they have any.

Sell me your old one, please.
I'll send a PM.

Thx for the help guys. I am in conversations with Lightning Performance off line; looks promising for getting a rebuilt carb. BTW, my carb had HT1A837 serial number; also a Tillotson made in Ireland carb. Local shop said "carb leaking from H/L screws and diaphragm needs replacement, but carb holds pressure and vacuum"; couldn't fix because parts "NLA". They just order new parts from Stihl.

Latest posts

Back